Winters coming, how's your dump valve? (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If you have disabled your water heater dump valve, make sure that you enable it again or you are empty. The forecast for Sunday on is an icy blast with temperatures of -4 expected 'up north' (y)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
When we first started motorhoming many years ago we were told by a couple we knew''When you get more experienced you will discover all the tips, like using a peg to keep your boiler dump valve from draining''
A couple of years later he needed a new boiler because they left the van on a site a couple of days full of water in freezing temps.

So the moral is, you're not an experienced motorhomer until you have to fork out for a new boiler, I've always remembered that one.

Ours has drained a couple of times, it was a real pain having to refill it with water;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
My dump valve is usually fine thank you, but tends to be a bit more active when it's colder.

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
The condition of my dump valve is none of your business.
That is between me and my medical team:)

Aug 8, 2013
CHESTER
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
Since 2006
Enjoyed a top notch curry last night, so the dump valve has worked fine today. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Drained ours this afternoon after returning to the house from a lanquid lunch at the "Pandora Inn" down by the river at Restronget
Catch of the day and crunchy chips Yummm

O gowd! beginning to sound like @buttons ! :dance2:

Anyway! any of you fellas got an Auto Sleeper with a Monoquoc body don't forget to take the bung out (outside) from your boiler and let drain. might be good practise to blow down the taps and shower hose, opening the HOT taps shutting the COLD taps to drain any thing left in the pipes.
After of course leave ALL taps open as usual Hope this helps

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back