OP
RubyOptics
Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Ours certainly is, although like many the tank is underslung it is well insulated and the double floor heating keeps it from freezing (though not been in Arctic conditions yet to fully test it). Dethleffs do make a point of saying their vans are fully winterised in their blurb.
They do indeed, but after that main bit they go on to list the models they do which is a rather short list! None that fit our requirements for length sadly. The only A-class they do which fits our bill is the i 1. I can't find any definitive info as to whether the grey tank on this model is winterised to any degree and Dethleffs haven't responded to my query about it either.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
To be honest

To be honest Lenny HB although we were hoping to get something around the 3-4 year old bracket, I had a look on mobile.de last night at some Hymers (even as a teenager I just loved Hymer for some reason so getting one would also tick an item off the bucket list I guess!). The 3-4 year old ones fall outside our budget, but there were a number of 6-7 year old 514s that looked to tick all the boxes. As I know you have had a number of Hymers yourself, any advice other than the usual when looking at Hymers of this age?
At that age most will have GRP floors if not & has a wood floor check underneath behind the rear wheels, ones without mud flaps can get soggy floors more common in very old ones.
Check the bodywork for corrosion around the edges of door, lockers and any fittings in the bodywork. Every Hymer we have had has had some corrosion but we live 200 m from the sea.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
They do indeed, but after that main bit they go on to list the models they do which is a rather short list! None that fit our requirements for length sadly. The only A-class they do which fits our bill is the i 1. I can't find any definitive info as to whether the grey tank on this model is winterised to any degree and Dethleffs haven't responded to my query about it either.
I had a Globus I1 the grey tank on ours had a grey tank heater it had to be switched on by pressing one of the unlabeled chrome buttons on the control panel.
It may have come along came along with the UK spec upgrades though, Truma Combi 6 with electric as well as gas, and twin batteries.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back