Free Member
Jun 29, 2017
shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Celtic Rambler 5th Wheel
Exp
2 years
We have loved living in our Celtic Rambler full time since we purchased it 3 years ago.
This winter we will be spending 6 months in South Africa, which means the Fifth Wheeler will have to be stored.
We do have the opportunity of electric hook up.
We would welcome any advice and tips about leaving the trailer unoccupied for such a long time. Should we leave it plugged in with the central heating to come on at regular times to keep the cold out or is it safer to leave everything off and disconnect batteries. Also, to protect the tyre walls from cracking, is it best to leave the trailer slightly raised so all the weight isn't placed on the wheels?
As ever, thanks in advance for your useful advice.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I think our biggest concern would be wildlife getting in, I don't think heating it for 6 months is necessary, maybe remove cushions and mattresses would be more beneficial. :cool:
Have a great trip. (y) Bob.

And drain water and keep batteries charged of course.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
When mine was stored, the worst thing I got was from wildlife getting in. I had one such long tail get in up the landing legs, chewed into the air duct, along to the lounge, chewed through the vent and into the living area. I placed poison in glass jars inside the 5er, and stuffed wire wool anywhere I thought they could get in. I removed cushions and bedding too.

Craig

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back