Winter Shut down. (1 Viewer)

Nov 8, 2012
Albox Almeria Spain
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Slim 5
Exp
Since Feb 2002
Hi, this winter we are going to Australia for our daughters wedding and will be there 3 to 4 months. Not sure what to do with connecting the power supply or not. The Van also has a sola power panel and will be stored under cover in our garage. Our other van was easy to do but not sure of this one with all the extra electronics etc. any suggestions?:Smile:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
This is what I would do, however others would /could differ, I would hook it up to a decent Battery Charger, one that Maintains the charge, only turns on if the Battery charge goes down

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
solar panel is no good indoors....

for that length of time i would disconnect the battery/ies and put them on a trickle charger....unless your onboard charger is a multi stage jobby.

even stored indoors, drain down the water system, inc the boiler, and if possible blow out the pipes with an airline.
water obviously sits at the lowest point and may not drain fully.

place seat cushions etc, including the mattress, on edge to prevent condensation mold....or take them in the house.

ensure tyres are correctly inflated and if any lose air over time then block up the rear axle or front suspension to take the weight off them as they deflate.

open doors and drawers to prevent sticking and warping if the do get damp.

leave a roof light open a little to promote air movement and prevent condensation..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
PS; when you have drained down leave all the taps open and if they are combined hot / cold open at the halfway point.

most modern taps have ceramic inserts and a tiny droplet can split them and cost you £35 plus a wet floor when you refil...:Eeek:

i know from last winter :Doh:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back