Winter Meet in Southern Spain/Portugal 2013 (1 Viewer)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The problem with Villasol there are no pets allowed and I know there are quiet a few funsters with Pets
Alan

Good point. Strange thing is we were disturbed by dogs at night, I think all the little small holdings around it have guard dogs.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
we will keep an eye on this thread, we were planning to go to the chicken run in October, but if there is a big meet in feb, we may switch. weve never got replies to emails either,....perhaps they are too busy. The lack of facilities could be an attraction, get the old grey matter working, and i,m sure the local bar would welcome ectra visitors.............chicken run is cheap anyway, with afunster discount it would be very attractive.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi Jim

Not sure what our plans are next year.

I think the site Marjal at Guardamer will be full booked, they had to offer inducements for some of the usual stayers to move to Marjal at Catral, some are going back to Guardamer next year.

We have just been to a meet at Calp aire, which works out about 10 to 9 euros plus 1 euro each for the showers.

Calp has a lot to offer, although the site doesnt offer much there is a lot of life about in calpe, good beaches and walks, lots of shops very handy, and the train and bus to benidorm etc.

I think maybe two venues might be better, maybe another one that has an indoor swimming pool and gym.

Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

betsy(tempo)

Free Member
Nov 8, 2009
North Bedfotdshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
4 Years
Finally decided to stop lurking and join the Funsters.
We have met a few of you on our travels in France so look forward to joining this rally and meeting a few more at this, and other events, this year.
Colin and Liz

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I retire at the end of December and we were thinking of doing a month or two in Spain/Portugal (somewhere warm and sunny) around that time, we have no particular preference and no specific dates and would love to meet up with other Funsters, so we are up for it.

Audrey & Derek

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Yes please....:thumb:

"Marjal"... :RollEyes: The one by the coast. (The old one)... they have a compound at the bottom that they only seem to open in the height of the season.. holds about 60 units if memory serves me correct... Nice walks, Walking distance of a beach, short walk to Guardamar town and that nice "Chinese Restaurant".. ::bigsmile:

Yes please two strip clubs as you enter but a great site by the sea.:thumb:

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
YES we are interested but not Villasol with the dog restrictions Cartio just up the road is ok but don't think they would take a large rally in January/Feb.
We plan to set off in mid December possibly aim for Los Pinos but no definate plans.

Dave & Carol

patyogi

Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
Deal, Kent
Funster No
MH
self convert, left hooker
Exp
too long
Outa the box

How about Nerja, close to Malaga, warmer in the off season months and cheaper than the Costa Blanca area...plus not so many tourists, good scenery, great town, wild parking and c/sites. Plenty of places to explore inland and closer too Portugal.
Stayed last January for 2 months loved it! :Cool:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
How about Nerja,

One of my favourite places, at least when it's warm and busy.

But if you've found a campsite there you've done better than me. Wild camping is not an option for an organised meet.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
How about Nerja, close to Malaga, warmer in the off season months and cheaper than the Costa Blanca area...plus not so many tourists, good scenery, great town, wild parking and c/sites. Plenty of places to explore inland and closer too Portugal.
Stayed last January for 2 months loved it! :Cool:

I love Nerja too. The caves are a "must see before you die" Frigiliana is a stunning mountain village a mile or two away. There is small campsite by the new bit of motorway but does anyone know where else we might accommodate 20 or so vans in the area?

patyogi

Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
Deal, Kent
Funster No
MH
Exp
too long
Outa the box (again)

There is a good c/site just outside Nerja towards Torrox, look in ACSI page 710 in 2011 edition number 1867 El Pino. Cheap for longer stays and just 10k outside Nerja.
Stayed here for 2 weeks in Feb this year, friendly and open to club meets, could easy take 20 units.
RV's could be problem but there are larger spaces at the bottom terrace, top terraces are best, great views and you can get a large unit up there. LWB is what I took up there and was OK.
Have a go if interested info@campingelpino, also free internet at the mo.

patyogi

Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
Deal, Kent
Funster No
MH
Exp
too long
Update

ACSI update on Nerja c/site 2012 / page 388 site number 2050
They have split the new book into 2 and loadsa new sites across Europe, good value. :Cool:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We are hoping to return to Morocco this winter and would quite like meeting up with some of the funsters in Spain either on theway out or on the return.
I always liked Benidorm in the winter for a few reasons,its cheap, plenty of resteraunts, loads of entertainment, a short busride into the countryside and of course its OPEN in the winter.
There have been a few questions regarding pets on sites, well La Torreta allows pets on what is known as the carpark. It will hold about 25 vans and there is unmetered electric.
The bus stop is just outside the gate into town for those that cant walk,the bar is 50 yards away:winky:, and there is the petanca courts on the doorstep.
Anyone that has visited Benidorm Palace which is next door will have seen the vans parked on there.
I did hear that they had stopped using the car park for camping but am sure that they would consider opening it for a decent meet.
I know Benidorm is not everyone's cup of tea, but the weather is as good as it gets anywhere in Spain and for those that like the countryside there are loads of free bus trips such as the blanket trips etc.
As I said earlier........Its OPEN.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I winter on the Costa Del Sol and to be honest all the good sites are pretty full after Xmas, unless they are new and untried, or not good places to stay.

This appears to be pretty much the case for all of the good Costas sites at that time of the year.

I stay at Cabopino, and for the last 3 years the CC has booked off a few slots for their rally.

Last season the site went ACSI discount which also pulled in a lot more units so after Xmas it was pretty full right up to Easter.

I believe there may be sites off the coast that aren't full for the winter so I suggest that is where you look, or you may get in by the coast if you block book very early.

The sites that I know, on the coast from Blanca to Costa, that don't get filled up after Xmas are not ones that I would want to recommend, to anyone.

Pete:Cool:

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
put us down please, we'll probably be in Portugal around that time of year anyway !

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Olhao

Some friends of ours go to the campsite at Olhao, near Faro, every winter and say it's not expensive. Its shower/toilet facilities have been upgraded this winter, according to this new review - see

Might think about going next year, my cousin lives nearby!

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
A nice Campsite in Portugal and near to the Spanish border...

Friendly people, nice cycling, near to a beach and small towns...

Very similar to Marjal but not as big...

Easy to get to... have a look at their web-site... here = Link Removed

:thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
A nice Campsite in Portugal and near to the Spanish border...

Friendly people, nice cycling, near to a beach and small towns...

Very similar to Marjal but not as big...

Easy to get to... have a look at their web-site... here = Link Removed

:thumb:

Agree with this one, a good site close to Tavira by train (50 cents for OAP) also a walk into Cabanas with it's supermarket, water front bars and local market is very easy.

Golf course 400 m away, a well stocked shop, free wiFi in the bar and some of the best chips I have tasted in Portugal. :thumb:

The site is only around 3 years old so nice facilities, and the trees have grown. There has always been plenty of room when we have looked in during our travels.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thats the one , but clearly during it's building period. Looks a little better now. :RollEyes:

Yes, shades of Marjal indeed, parking lot in a field. Looks like you can't get to that lovely beach, someone put a river in the way.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Where is your sense of adventure... It`s only a stream....

I couldn`t open that link.. :Sad:

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
Agree with this one, a good site close to Tavira by train (50 cents for OAP) also a walk into Cabanas with it's supermarket, water front bars and local market is very easy.

Golf course 400 m away, a well stocked shop, free wiFi in the bar and some of the best chips I have tasted in Portugal. :thumb:

The site is only around 3 years old so nice facilities, and the trees have grown. There has always been plenty of room when we have looked in during our travels.

We've also used this one and enjoyed it

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Yes, shades of Marjal indeed, parking lot in a field. Looks like you can't get to that lovely beach, someone put a river in the way.

Not a river Brian that's the Ria Formosa after which the site is named. Zoom out and you will see it runs for a good deal of the Eastern Algarve. It takes a boat trip to get across to the beach, and not in winter. :RollEyes:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

Because of this wretched site no motorhomes are allowed into Tavira or Cabanas...

It is also the site that charged a wheel chair using mate of mine extra... for the wheel chair...

Mind you, I do have a tiny financial interest in a beachside bar in Cabanas...

JJ :Cool:

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
winter meet spain and portugal

Hi all,i thought jj had it all planned for us anyway,he said come on down,i was thinking that was an invite,near a beach please and then jj to entertain us, sounds good to me,:Doh:

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Looking to get another meet together somewhere warmer than the UK for a three week period in feb/march next year. Who would be up for it and where should we go?

Good idea, but whenever & wherever you finally decide to go, would it please be possible to have 2 threads. One for ESSENTIAL info & one for 'witty banter'.

It is very time consuming ploughing thru thousands of posts searching for relevant info, especially if one relies on campsite wi-fi abroad.

Thanks.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Good idea, but whenever & wherever you finally decide to go, would it please be possible to have 2 threads. One for ESSENTIAL info & one for 'witty banter'.

It is very time consuming ploughing thru thousands of posts searching for relevant info, especially if one relies on campsite wi-fi abroad.

Thanks.

Here Here:thumb: - More dross posts than those genuinely interested. Dont need to know if your cat's due to have kittens:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back