LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
My wife sent for Irish passport more than a week ago and haven’t heard anything yet.
Until today my application was pending receipt of documents but today has changed status .

You can check on the passport tracking system with your application number.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I'm surprised there is a two year backlog !
My mate is due his pension at end of december.To apply from here requires birth certs, marriage cert ,etc; etc; when I asked for marriage cert he said it has been at the Irish embassy , as he is applying for an Irish passport as grandparents where Irish, for 14 months??????

I sent my passport application in last week and have had confirmation today for issue in mid November.
As above. He reckons he can get no sense out of them & all is down to covid.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Anyone planning to overwinter in Villasol this coming winter ? We have put down a deposit on a plot and plan to stay there for 90 days plus.

As an aside and for those who might be interested. Villasol offer two rates for those on long stay and at present these are as follows.

Rate 1. ACSI @ €20.0 plus 4 Kw of free lecce per day. (Then at €0.41 per Kw).

Rate 2. €17.00 per day. Lecce 0.41Kw.

According to Villasol office staff, Rate 2 is the better option if staying for more than two months. The key being the amount of lecce you use. They were reluctant to give me the average usage (or a ball park figure) for a couple in a motorhome, overwintering on their site.
If these figures are correct then Rate2 is automatically cheaper: 4kWh at €0.41 = €1.64
Add that to €17 and it comes to the grand total of €18.64, saving €1.36 on the ACSI rate!

In the unlikely event of not using your “free” electricity, you save even more

Gordon

A quick search shows fridges to be approximately 60W so will run for 16h on one unit (kWh)
A small heater would be 600W so run for 1.6h
Know your numbers!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If these figures are correct then Rate2 is automatically cheaper: 4kWh at €0.41 = €1.64
Add that to €17 and it comes to the grand total of €18.64, saving €1.36 on the ACSI rate!

In the unlikely event of not using your “free” electricity, you save even more

Gordon

A quick search shows fridges to be approximately 60W so will run for 16h on one unit (kWh)
A small heater would be 600W so run for 1.6h
If its cold I turn the heater on,if its hot I turn the fridge up..Too late in life to worry about a few shillings here and there. BUSBY 😁😁

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
If its cold I turn the heater on,if its hot I turn the fridge up..Too late in life to worry about a few shillings here and there. BUSBY 😁😁
Shillings! That made me laugh! The booking office staff at Villasol said to me your better off taking option 2 if you stay longer than two months, as I said in an earlier post.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
And as I have explained you are better off by €1.36 if you only stay for one day!
Unless, of course, your figures are wrong OR perhaps they are only available if you are there for 2 months.
Gordon

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
And as I have explained you are better off by €1.36 if you only stay for one day!
Unless, of course, your figures are wrong OR perhaps they are only available if you are there for 2 months.
Gordon
The figures I have used have been taken from the Villasol website. At first I could not make sense of it as when quoted for 90 days plus it was working out at 17 euros a day which seemed a much better deal than the ACSI deal they were offering, so I sent them my calculations and asked them to confirm my calculations were in fact correct. They confirmed I was correct and ACSI was the best option for stays up to 2 months. If the exchange rate continues to improve it looks like we may be only paying £14.00 per night. I used a Caxton card and buy euros when I judge the exchange rate is right and things looking quite good at the moment.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Some sites offer excellent rates for 90+ days, it would be worth paying for 91 days but leaving around the 85day mark to get back within the 90 day rule for those that have too….👍🏼
Yes your so right! We have found campsites in Spain this coming winter, offering much, much lower prices, some including electricity too. However, these do tend to be somewhat isolated with smaller pitches and minimal facilities. We have overwintered on Villasol before, it's a very well run modern campsite with very good facilities and good sized plots. The location is one of the best places in Spain to over winter.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Yes your so right! We have found campsites in Spain this coming winter, offering much, much lower prices, some including electricity too. However, these do tend to be somewhat isolated with smaller pitches and minimal facilities. We have overwintered on Villasol before, it's a very well run modern campsite with very good facilities and good sized plots. The location is one of the best places in Spain to over winter.
I usually do Albia, as I’m in-between Moho’s and not paying the over inflated prices… I may go to Albia in a tent for a few months… if I do I’ll get the no’10 bus over and pop in for a 🍻👍🏼

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
As stated in post # 12 My mother was Irish and my wife is Irish (and a red head) and as such we both have Irish passports and not subject to the 90/180 rule.
Maybe I’m missing something. You can without a van registered in UK. If you got the van with you, the van is only allowed 90 days. A guy with a Ro National ID card, was turned away at the German border for overstaying with the UK van. He has to get it on flat bed now.

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
Sooner or later the authorities will be looking for a few very publicised cases to simply block entry to the EU for a long period of time (and fines etc)

OR

They will change the rules.
(Such as set up a long stay Visa application, or a method to become a EU Citizen rather than the citizen of a particular EU country)
But right now that is not even on the 'to be discussed' pile

At present it would appear you may be able to get away with overstaying the 90 days, but don't expect the situation to continue once cross channel tourist traffic returns to normal sometime in 22 or 23.

Just hope you are not the chosen ones for the examples to be made.
We came back to the UK yesterday via tunnel after spending 89 days in France . The French customs officer reminded us of the 90 day rule and congratulated us for maxing the allowance this trip
.I asked him about the overstaying fine and I’m sure he said it was €160 eachnot per day) ! to me that sounds like a bargain 😂

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Maybe I’m missing something. You can without a van registered in UK. If you got the van with you, the van is only allowed 90 days. A guy with a Ro National ID card, was turned away at the German border for overstaying with the UK van. He has to get it on flat bed now.
Can you tell me where the restriction on a UK registered vehicle you mention in your post comes from. This is the first time I have come across this and I'm a bit puzzled to say the least. My Saga insurance policy gives me unlimited cover in the E.U. for the life of the policy so I assume there must be something else that I don't know about!

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Just checked it out on Gov. website & confirmed by RAC. its 12 months ! Your guy must have breeched a different rule. I did think it wierd that the 90/180 would apply to vehicles but then again this is Fun and all sorts of weird things get posted.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We came back to the UK yesterday via tunnel after spending 89 days in France . The French customs officer reminded us of the 90 day rule and congratulated us for maxing the allowance this trip
.I asked him about the overstaying fine and I’m sure he said it was €160 eachnot per day) ! to me that sounds like a bargain 😂
You judged that to perfection. I read sometime back the 90/180 has been breeched and the punishment was a fine and the individual banned from re entry for 6 months. 160 euros a day will cause pain!

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Just checked it out on Gov. website & confirmed by RAC. its 12 months ! Your guy must have breeched a different rule. I did think it wierd that the 90/180 would apply to vehicles but then again this is Fun and all sorts of weird things get posted.
You miss understood me. We, haven’t breached nothing, I will be returning after 80-85 days. It’s somebody else that was turned back at German border. Until then nobody checked his times out. He was on its way back to UK from Ro, and stayed over 90 days out. They have dual citizenship, not a issue there. My uncle was travelling with them and gave us the heads up. This is the reality as it happened.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
You miss understood me. We, haven’t breached nothing, I will be returning after 80-85 days. It’s somebody else that was turned back at German border. Until then nobody checked his times out. He was on its way back to UK from Ro, and stayed over 90 days out. They have dual citizenship, not a issue there. My uncle was travelling with them and gave us the heads up. This is the reality as it happened.
No problem ! I must have misinterpreted your post where you said the van was only allowed 90 days.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
That’s what they told him at the border. The van overstayed outside UK. And it’s been recorded in the system. Being in Ro he thought it will be ok outside shengen. I’m not risking it this time, I will return in time. Over here the UK reg is a magnet for plod, cheking papers. We been stoped few times, and they specifically ask for insurance, mot and logbook.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We recently did 6 weeks in Spain via France and had no problems with either E.U. nationals or the police. In fact, we were treated with the utmost respect.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The van overstayed outside UK. And it’s been recorded in the system.
i must admit this has been making me wonder how it would work when people are using a second passport from an EU state but driving a UK registered vehicle? It can also all get a bit messy as the general rules now do not apply to UK nationals residing in the EU and EU nationals residing in the UK. National rules are applicable in these cases.

It is worse when you have a UK vehicle being driven by a UK national & resident, but using an Eu passport in whilst in europe? Is the actual vehicle being legally driven?
It is far different to a person alone travelling by plane & using multiple passports as it is only the person who has to be legal, whereas
I'd not want to be involved in an accident with it all undecided?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back