Winter in Villasol (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
then flying to Cyprus (non-schengen) January - march, before flying back to our place in Spain,
Make sure you get the passport stamped both ways.
Do you have any official source for this!
Raul who is a Romanian national stated that was the Romanian national rule & why he stuck to ensuring he only stayed at his house tere with his Uk vehicle for less than 90 days :The same was sated by the Germans.
I am allowed 180 days for my vehicle in the UK as that is what the limit is for an EU citizen.If the UK had stuck to the 90 days the same as the rest when it was in the EU my vehcile would only be allowed 90 days.
I can't see any state that allows only 90 days for non-eu allowing a vehicle in longer but you can easily check by asking the relevant consulates.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Make sure you get the passport stamped both ways.

Raul who is a Romanian national stated that was the Romanian national rule & why he stuck to ensuring he only stayed at his house tere with his Uk vehicle for less than 90 days :The same was sated by the Germans.
I am allowed 180 days for my vehicle in the UK as that is what the limit is for an EU citizen.If the UK had stuck to the 90 days the same as the rest when it was in the EU my vehcile would only be allowed 90 days.
I can't see any state that allows only 90 days for non-eu allowing a vehicle in longer but you can easily check by asking the relevant consulates.
Your reply above is to a post I made on the 26th October when I asked you if you had any official source and to date, neither you or anyone else have been able to provide any official source and just keep repeating the information came from another member or a friend of a member etc., etc.,
I was hoping this issue had now died and sadly, once again this thread has been hijacked and steered away from its original course with what I can only assume is a bit of scare mongering. Although I suggested to you way, way, back if you wanted to raise this issue to other members you should start your own thread on the matter and leave this thread to run its course on Wintering in Villasol and clearly this is not to be. So! at the expense of repeating myself can you produce any official information from any European Country that states UK registered vehicles are only allowed to spend 90 days in said country.

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
My recommendation would be to get the ACSI rate if staying for less than two months as you get 4 KW/h of electricity free. (This was also the recommendation made by Villasol office staff when I enquired about the two different rates on offer). If your staying for more than two months then pay the lower daily rate without the free Lecce. I will use gas for my fridge and will not be connected to the lecce point during the day, as like you I have solar and a 200 AH battery bank. I will connect the EHU after dark to run a small oil heater for an hour or so at night and again first thing in the morning when its freezing. I will monitor my lecce usage and adjust accordingly. Lets hope its going to be a warmer winter in Beni this year, compared to last year. Edit! I would book sharpish as energy prices are going up in Spain and I would not be surprised if campsite energy costs rise accordingly for those who have yet to make a booking.
Thanks Phil, how much for propane in the campsite shop? Planning much the same as you, using mains for the spin drier and solar for the rest.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks Phil, how much for propane in the campsite shop? Planning much the same as you, using mains for the spin drier and solar for the rest.
I don't have a clue about campsite shop prices. Perhaps a small mark up than buying directly from the gas supplier I would think ? The campsite does have its own laundry room and I suspect the spin drier cost would be a little more than your own spin drier. However the days are generally glorious and you quickly dry washing by just hanging outside.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
quickweh. Mike if you give Malcolm on La Toretta a call on +34602405317, he will fetch you a cylinder/refill of your choice, and often within minutes of making the call. His prices were the same as the campsite shop, but without the hassle of fetching and carrying. In Jan to March 2020, we paid €14 per 12Kg exchange Propano, with a €10 returnable deposit on the first one with Malcolm. 👍

BTW, we too were on the ACSI rate, as advised by Reception Staff, which included 4Kw of EHU per day. The fridge/freezer ate up about 3.5Kw of that. Because of the change of MH at the time, we were experimenting with the use of the microwave, the Ramoska and the slow cooker, and only had to pay about €15 over for EHU at the end of our 8 x week stay.
We used gas for heating and BBQ'ing.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

P.S. We have cancelled for this winter again, but hope to make Villasol next winter.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
When we were on Villasol last December we used to go down to the gas depot just before you get to the market, a 13kg bottle from them were 11.37 euros and when giving him 12 or 15 euros or whatever he would not let me leave until he'd given me the exact change lol.

The site shop from memory was around 15.5 euros so a 4 euro saving, they lasted me 2 weeks more or less to the day using for everything, cooking fridge and heating so I thought that very good value

Al

God I wish I was there now :(

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
When we were on Villasol last December we used to go down to the gas depot just before you get to the market, a 13kg bottle from them were 11.37 euros and when giving him 12 or 15 euros or whatever he would not let me leave until he'd given me the exact change lol.

The site shop from memory was around 15.5 euros so a 4 euro saving, they lasted me 2 weeks more or less to the day using for everything, cooking fridge and heating so I thought that very good value

Al

Test run for the new van Al ☀️

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Your reply above is to a post I made on the 26th October when I asked you if you had any official source and to date, neither you or anyone else have been able to provide any official source and just keep repeating the information came from another member or a friend of a member etc., etc.,
I was hoping this issue had now died and sadly, once again this thread has been hijacked and steered away from its original course with what I can only assume is a bit of scare mongering. Although I suggested to you way, way, back if you wanted to raise this issue to other members you should start your own thread on the matter and leave this thread to run its course on Wintering in Villasol and clearly this is not to be. So! at the expense of repeating myself can you produce any official information from any European Country that states UK registered vehicles are only allowed to spend 90 days in said country.
Yes .I have only just seen it. I posted the EU official reply to me by email stating that it was national rules that applied now as UK vehicle being driven by an EU passport holder came under national rles. As usual you choose to ignore it.

Although I suggested to you way, way, back if you wanted to raise this issue to other members you should start your own thread on the matter and leave this thread to run its course on Wintering in Villasol and clearly this is not to be.u
I have no interest in it. You replied to Raul's post on what the actual situation was in Romania (90days for a UK vehicle regardless of who is driving it) & to his refence to his Father in Germany (90days also) by stating it was friends of friends someones dads uncles brother. Just like you have now. Any reply direct from the EU/Uk gov. you ignore as it doesn't suit your idea.
at the expense of repeating myself can you produce any official information from any European Country that states UK registered vehicles are only allowed to spend 90 days in said country.
Why would I? You do not believe anything anyone posts from official replies . We did all that with tests & lft's before you left last time but you knew better & sat at Canterbury for a few days holiday. So get on with it. (y)

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Test run for the new van Al ☀️
well I wish

we have a tunnel crossing booked for Jan 9th but i've just had a letter literally yesterday morning from my orthopedic surgeon bloke saying he wants a consultation with me on December 1st regarding my right hip, which is basically knackered. Infact my own GP rang me last monday and more or less told me that my legs about to drop off apparently as the joint is shot to pieces. :eek:

I had it replaced 24 years ago and was told then that it would last 12-15 years so I suppose lasting 24 years it hasn't done too bad ;)

So with that and waiting till monday for the results of a prostrate cancer MRI scan, its all going t!ts up for me atm and the 3 months away in the sun is fading away into the distant future :cry:

So depending on what the surgeon says, if he wants to do it straight away i'll probably let him and go after about 6 weeks or when I think i'm ok to drive the journey, but if he says early next year I may as well ask him for mid April if possible and shoot off asap when I get the new van

wish me luck :ROFLMAO:

Al

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
well I wish

we have a tunnel crossing booked for Jan 9th but i've just had a letter literally yesterday morning from my orthopedic surgeon bloke saying he wants a consultation with me on December 1st regarding my right hip, which is basically knackered. Infact my own GP rang me last monday and more or less told me that my legs about to drop off apparently as the joint is shot to pieces. :eek:

I had it replaced 24 years ago and was told then that it would last 12-15 years so I suppose lasting 24 years it hasn't done too bad ;)

So with that and waiting till monday for the results of a prostrate cancer MRI scan, its all going t!ts up for me atm and the 3 months away in the sun is fading away into the distant future :cry:

So depending on what the surgeon says, if he wants to do it straight away i'll probably let him and go after about 6 weeks or when I think i'm ok to drive the journey, but if he says early next year I may as well ask him for mid April if possible and shoot off asap when I get the new van

wish me luck :ROFLMAO:

Al
Hope it all goes well Al won't be long before you can enjoy it, I will have one for you 🍻

Reactions: f6c
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
just a min

are you the chap I bumped into at Sanguli in 2018 ish in the A class who recommended the front springs
Yeah that was us, it was your first trip away if I remember you had just bought your van, we had the dethleffs globetrotter xli tag then 👍

Reactions: f6c

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Yeah that was us, it was your first trip away if I remember you had just bought your van, we had the dethleffs globetrotter xli tag then 👍
ah! I got you now mate, yes your correct it was our very trip trip in a motorhome, hope your both keeping fit and well in these troubling times.

Those were the newby days lol, looking back I must have been a bit bonkers just setting off into the blue like we did :LOL:

Al (y)

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Yes .I have only just seen it. I posted the EU official reply to me by email stating that it was national rules that applied now as UK vehicle being driven by an EU passport holder came under national rles. As usual you choose to ignore it.

I have no interest in it. You replied to Raul's post on what the actual situation was in Romania (90days for a UK vehicle regardless of who is driving it) & to his refence to his Father in Germany (90days also) by stating it was friends of friends someones dads uncles brother. Just like you have now. Any reply direct from the EU/Uk gov. you ignore as it doesn't suit your idea.

Why would I? You do not believe anything anyone posts from official replies . We did all that with tests & lft's before you left last time but you knew better & sat at Canterbury for a few days holiday. So get on with it.

As I suspected ! No official documents to back up your claim, just more of the same old, same old.

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
not wishing to hijack, but does this mean anything PhilandMena

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018

unless i'm wrong and I usually am, but quite often right................ sometimes lol

a UK registered vehicle can legally stay in Spain for 180 days or 182 to be exact-ish

On day 183 it has to be registered onto Spanish plates and if your still with it you also have to take a Spanish driving test, now whether or not you don't bother is entirely down to you as the owner, some will and some won't. If you get caught out i'm not sure of the penalties, you may be hung drawn and quartered, made to walk the gang plank, made to watch Sticky Vicky, who knows.

But thats it as far as i know, the Sticky Vicky bit is only heresay btw, she's retired now, but my mate says private sessions are still available but you have to book and he's waited nearly 2 months :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007

Not quite ! The discussion is about how long a UK registered vehicle can legally stay in an European Country. According to the UK Gov website, providing the vehicle is insured, has a valid M.O.T. it can remain in the E.U. for up to 12 months. The counter argument is The E.U. does not set the requirement for the period a UK registered vehicle can stay in the E.U. and this is down to individual E.U. countries. It has been stated by members on here that Romania and Germany have restricted this length of stay to 90 days. I have asked, on more than one occasion for an official source/documentation to be provided to support this claim and to date none has been supplied. That's it in a nutshell. In my opinion this topic should be debated on its own thread. Its a bit mischievous raising it here IMO.

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013

Al

Hi did you have a bottle or did they lend you one?

Deleted User
Not quite ! The discussion is about how long a UK registered vehicle can legally stay in an European Country. According to the UK Gov website, providing the vehicle is insured, has a valid M.O.T. it can remain in the E.U. for up to 12 months. The counter argument is The E.U. does not set the requirement for the period a UK registered vehicle can stay in the E.U. and this is down to individual E.U. countries. It has been stated by members on here that Romania and Germany have restricted this length of stay to 90 days. I have asked, on more than one occasion for an official source/documentation to be provided to support this claim and to date none has been supplied. That's it in a nutshell. In my opinion this topic should be debated on its own thread. Its a bit mischievous raising it here IMO.

I would have thought that how long the UK allow a vehicle to be out of the UK is irrelevant to how long it is allowed to stay in another country without re registering by the authorities in that country.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I think Malcom at La Toretta charges €15 deposit plus the cost of the gas, and refunds €10 when he collects the cylinder before you leave.

Cheers

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back