Winter in Villasol (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Anyone planning to overwinter in Villasol this coming winter ? We have put down a deposit on a plot and plan to stay there for 90 days plus.

As an aside and for those who might be interested. Villasol offer two rates for those on long stay and at present these are as follows.

Rate 1. ACSI @ €20.0 plus 4 Kw of free lecce per day. (Then at €0.41 per Kw).

Rate 2. €17.00 per day. Lecce 0.41Kw.

According to Villasol office staff, Rate 2 is the better option if staying for more than two months. The key being the amount of lecce you use. They were reluctant to give me the average usage (or a ball park figure) for a couple in a motorhome, overwintering on their site.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
We used to get a 4kwh allowance at La Torreta. We always had plenty left, the main user by far was the fridge, but also hair dryer, TV and cooker ring.
The fridge is just a small under counter 3 way dometic but I think the bigger ones used the full 4kwh allowance.

We now don't get an included electric allowance and use the fridge on LPG, everything else is solar or inverter mains (just switch to EHU for hair dryer)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Anyone planning to overwinter in Villasol this coming winter ? We have put down a deposit on a plot and plan to stay there for 90 days plus.

As an aside and for those who might be interested. Villasol offer two rates for those on long stay and at present these are as follows.

According to Villasol office staff, Rate 2 is the better option if staying for more than two months. The key being the amount of lecce you use. They were reluctant to give me the average usage (or a ball park figure) for a couple in a motorhome, overwintering on their site.
We’ve stayed at Villasol 5 or 6 times now for 6 or 7 weeks so always paid the ACSI rate as we weren’t there long enough to get the cheap rate. All except one time we stayed before Christmas and only has
d to pay some nominal extra like €5-10 for our extra electric. We’d leave around the 10th December so use electric for our heating, fridge etc. We have a PVC and I don’t like being cold as a lot of you know!

The one time we stayed after Christmas the weather was rubbish, we stayed 6 weeks and our departure coincided with the beast from the East. We had to pay about €70. Not sure if those figures help at all. I know it would have been a lot cheaper to use gas and drive off to fill up our LPG tank but we were too lazy once we were set up!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We’ve stayed at Villasol 5 or 6 times now for 6 or 7 weeks so always paid the ACSI rate as we weren’t there long enough to get the cheap rate. All except one time we stayed before Christmas and only has
d to pay some nominal extra like €5-10 for our extra electric. We’d leave around the 10th December so use electric for our heating, fridge etc. We have a PVC and I don’t like being cold as a lot of you know!

The one time we stayed after Christmas the weather was rubbish, we stayed 6 weeks and our departure coincided with the beast from the East. We had to pay about €70. Not sure if those figures help at all. I know it would have been a lot cheaper to use gas and drive off to fill up our LPG tank but we were too lazy once we were set up!
Thanks for that ! €70.0 for 6 weeks is around €12.0 per week. Assuming you had the heating on first thing in the morning and then again after the sun went down, I think that's outstanding. My plan is to get a free/used/cheap empty12KG propane bottle, swap it for a full one and use for the fridge and cooking. I will bring along an oil fired radiator which we have used before when overwintering in Spain and use first thing in the morning for a couple/few hours and then again in the evening, as a way of keeping our energy costs under control. To be honest, I'm expecting to pay a lot more for our electricity consumption and will have a better idea of what to expect after a week or so as I will just read our meter and work out costs myself. If its anywhere near €70 a month I'll be more than satisfied. Hopefully, this coming winter will be one of the good ones and Covid will not prevent travelling. Thanks again for your input !

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
When we was long term over winter, we used gas as it's only about €14 for a large propane gas bottle, turned the charger off and let solar do its job, and only used the electric sockets occasionally when needed, if the solar can't keep up just turn the charger On. 👍😁 Bob.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Do villasol not charge full rate for the period over Xmas and new year I remember we could not get the acsi rate over this period 2 yrs ago although we stayed a month

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

How can you stay for 90 days plus? Do you have residency? BUSBY.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
When we was long term over winter, we used gas as it's only about €14 for a large propane gas bottle, turned the charger off and let solar do its job, and only used the electric sockets occasionally when needed, if the solar can't keep up just turn the charger On. 👍😁 Bob.
Yes! that's a plan. I'm of the view the highest energy usage will be heating and the fridge. Once I get a used gas bottle I'll swap it for a full one and connect to my Gaslow system via the external fill point. We have LED lighting and a TV that only draws a couple of AMPs so will see how e get on. We have overwintered on Villasol before and other Spanish campsites and know how cold it gets after the sun goes down so I will be heating the Motorhome up before we surface and again after the sun goes down and the cold finds its way through our 15 layers of thermals. If my energy costs are lower than I've planned for its more money to spend on good Spanish wine.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Do villasol not charge full rate for the period over Xmas and new year I remember we could not get the acsi rate over this period 2 yrs ago although we stayed a month
I'm not sure about there short term rates and you would need to contact them directly to get the answer to your question. They do offer up to 35%b discount on long term rates which are showing on there website as I type.

sennen523

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Rhos-on-Sea, Conwy, North
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
Started 2007.

Hello,
We use ACSI but most sites give a good discount if staying 31 night plus, so Rate 2 looks the best option. We are booked on Villajoysa Camping Imperium for 31 nights with metered electric.

Don't forget that now, you can't stay in the EU for more than 90 days at a time, but you can get a Visa for longer I think? (not sure on that)

Enjoy Villasol.
Al.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hello,
We use ACSI but most sites give a good discount if staying 31 night plus, so Rate 2 looks the best option. We are booked on Villajoysa Camping Imperium for 31 nights with metered electric.

Don't forget that now, you can't stay in the EU for more than 90 days at a time, but you can get a Visa for longer I think? (not sure on that)

Enjoy Villasol.
Al.
We too have been on Villajoyysa and found it OK but a little cramped. My mother was Irish as is my wife (a red head too !). Paddy passports we have and not subject to the 90m day rule.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Looking at Benidorm mid December for Xmas and New year but have dogs now so villasol not in the running thinking of arena blanca

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+

How can you stay for 90 days plus? Do you have residency? BUSBY.
Finally someone is admitting to growing some! I am on the cusp of doing exactly the same. I do now know of people that have returned to Spain having gone over a 90 day stay and nothing happened on their return additionally they are also intending to overstay as they did before the so called restrictions on current trip.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We did look at getting a gas bottle plus adapter for our underslung gas tank but unfortnately the sliding door runs over the refilling point so would not have worked unfortunately. If we’d not had the B word and started staying longer we were going to get a BBQ point fitted as I think you can do it via that.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Let us know when you are there Phil and we will pop through for the day and have a catch up, if you'll have us!

We're hoping to be over again early November til early jan - then off to maroc 🇲🇦

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Let us know when you are there Phil and we will pop through for the day and have a catch up, if you'll have us!

We're hoping to be over again early November til early jan - then off to maroc 🇲🇦
Absolutely Darren, it will be so good to see you guys again. Busman Dave and Maggie are planning to hook up with us too and maybe we can kill two birds with one stone.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
i think Phil’s account has been hacked!

The Phil I know wouldnt normally even THINK of paying to site his moho!

The real Phil is king of the FLTs
You know me so well Mike. By the way I met some of your former band players at the Rally in Chester and enjoyed their music too. Fancy them not knowing who Keb Mo is. Now corrected mate!
As Mena has now at last received her state pension I can stay on a campsite, I'm so glad she can afford it ! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Finally someone is admitting to growing some! I am on the cusp of doing exactly the same. I do now know of people that have returned to Spain having gone over a 90 day stay and nothing happened on their return additionally they are also intending to overstay as they did before the so called restrictions on current trip.

Sooner or later the authorities will be looking for a few very publicised cases to simply block entry to the EU for a long period of time (and fines etc)

OR

They will change the rules.
(Such as set up a long stay Visa application, or a method to become a EU Citizen rather than the citizen of a particular EU country)
But right now that is not even on the 'to be discussed' pile

At present it would appear you may be able to get away with overstaying the 90 days, but don't expect the situation to continue once cross channel tourist traffic returns to normal sometime in 22 or 23.

Just hope you are not the chosen ones for the examples to be made.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Sooner or later the authorities will be looking for a few very publicised cases to simply block entry to the EU for a long period of time (and fines etc)

OR

They will change the rules.
(Such as set up a long stay Visa application, or a method to become a EU Citizen rather than the citizen of a particular EU country)
But right now that is not even on the 'to be discussed' pile

At present it would appear you may be able to get away with overstaying the 90 days, but don't expect the situation to continue once cross channel tourist traffic returns to normal sometime in 22 or 23.

Just hope you are not the chosen ones for the examples to be made.
I'm fairly certain the E.U. is on top of this already. Those few Funsters who have recently crossed have stated there UK passports have been stamped on entry and examined upon exit. Even our Irish passports were scanned on entry and exit to the E.U. It will be foolish IMO to test this at the expense of a heavy fine or banned from re-entry for a considerable period.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I'm fairly certain the E.U. is on top of this already. Those few Funsters who have recently crossed have stated there UK passports have been stamped on entry and examined upon exit. Even our Irish passports were scanned on entry and exit to the E.U. It will be foolish IMO to test this at the expense of a heavy fine or banned from re-entry for a considerable period.
And yet you state in your opening post that you intend to stay 90 plus days!

Oct 22, 2020
God's Own County
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H592
Exp
Since 2018
And yet you state in your opening post that you intend to stay 90 plus days!
think you missed this
As stated in post # 12 My mother was Irish and my wife is Irish (and a red head) and as such we both have Irish passports and not subject to the 90/180 rule.
:roflmto:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hello,

Enjoy Villasol.
Al.
Please tell me about this visa 😄😉BUSBY

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
AH HA all good, my good ladys mother was Irish and we have looked at going down this route but alas it appears to be at a standstill until they get through a two year backlog.
I'm surprised there is a two year backlog ! When we applied last year it was very straight forward for my wife's application as she was born on the Island of Ireland, for me it became more difficult as I had to produce my mothers original birth certificate which thankfully had been retained within our wider family along with her original marriage certificate. To obtain another birth certificate for her would have been quite expensive and timely to obtain. The last hurdle was supplying high quality recent photographs of ourselves along with our UK passports. Once all received it only took a few more weeks to complete. The cost was as best as I can recall in the region of £80.00 each.

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
We stayed further north in Benicassim over winter from November to March last time we could 2019/2020 and were given the same two rates options as PhilandMena . We worked out it was just a little cheaper to run fridge on LPG with alde heating/ hot water and then electricty for lighting and a kettle occasionally.. this was usually about 2kw a day.. we got LPG topped up by using an extension hose that screwed into the Gaslow fill point then just used Spanish cylinders at 12 euros for 11kg bottle.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Don't forget to pack warm clothing Daz cus looks like the bugger's not going to have the heating on :) ❄️❄️❄️

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back