wayfarer

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Co. Clare. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I see from some other posts here that some of you go to Morocco. Could you tell me:
1. The best places to stay.
2. Is it safe there for motorhomers.
3. Some do's and dont's .
4. Any other info.
Thanks in advance.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Many thousands of MH go each year and return safely, however, safe is a relative term but I agree with Brian, I felt safer there than in many European countries, including the UK.

It's a big country with huge variations in climate and scenery, from arid desert to lush valleys, pine forests, mountains.. so it's difficult to say where is the best place to go.. but a trip over the High Atlas in my opinion is a must , others may prefer to stick to the Atlantic coast but the real Morocco is inland and as far south as possible.
Camp sites are basic.. so do not expect 16a ehu and all mod cons, a tap and a cesspit may be all there is.
Buy the Lonely Planet guide, it has a wealth of valuable info, .. also goes without say, the Michelin Map of Moroc

Practicalities..

3 Month visa issued at border control
MUST have third party insurance with Moroc ticked on the green card
Breakdown cover expensive but advisable if going it alone
Heath insurance advised.

Others with more experience will be along with more info .. enjoy, IMO it's THE best place to go motorhoming .. bar none.

jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. where do i start .ive been visiting morocco since the70,s. seen lots change. get you insurance here in uk lots do it ,nfu,saga,safeguard norwich union private car club. comfort . every where in maroc is worth seeing. i like going down by the sea coming back through the mountains and visiting erg chebbi in the desert. its vast its diverse . you can surf in a morning ,be in snow at dinner then in the desert at night. it is possible to wild camp .but getting harder bit like spain .if you are in a touristy area you may get hassle. i,ve been broken into twice 10yr ago and last winter parked on the same place at tarazoute. there are campsites but i dont like them ,used 1 last winter at el jadida. you can get hassle at the border ,i never pay the fixers .its getting easier every year. hopefully you will meet someone going your way to help you . you may get hassle from police dont bribe . question every thing be firm not force full. spent some time in a nick once for arguing with police its not nice but bearable. use the first page of your passport its a friendly letter from your friend the queen. i shant be there this year due to family comitments but i love it there. i have travelled alone and in small groups makes no difference.if you drink put some in from spain dont hide it but dont flaunt it. away from the coast wild camping is easy . you may pay a few dirham for a parking guardian . they sleep in the night useless. but saves hassle. most are vary friendly ,invites to family houses are worth doing. i have loads of friends over there now very trustworthy and honest. dont keep thinking about it do it before they overtake our life style 1 yr there is like a5yr change here. new big factories and manufacturers is bringing extreme wealth to many. some still have nothing .do it enjoy it ,its life changing. have fun alan .(aka, alibaba grand djelaba.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back