Banned
Mar 16, 2010
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2008
Can anyone recommend a good quality cover for my kontiki, although i didn't really want to leave it outside over winter I am really struggling to find any indoor storage so was thinking this was the next best thing, any pro;s and cons advice would also be helpful,
THANKS

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
I personally would not use any covers, and have not used on any mhomes or caravans since I started.

Have seen the damage that can be caused to paintwork by covers rubbing in wind, and prefer to take my chance if kept polished and cleaned regularly they should come to no harm.

Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
MH Cover

I have just bought one from LeisureOutlet.com a Maypole to fit upto 7.5m good price at 123.50:Smile:

Rolling Rolling Rolling Keep Those Doggies Rolling:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
covers

I agree with Desco on this, we had a custom made cover for our MX5, really did fit like a glove but after a particular bad storm we noticed that it had rubbed the paint on the corners of all four wings so after that we never used it again.

Go with the advice of keep it regularly cleaned and polished and you should n`t have a problem.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
personally would not use any covers, and have not used on any mhomes or caravans since I started.

Have seen the damage that can be caused to paintwork by covers rubbing in wind, and prefer to take my chance if kept polished and cleaned regularly they should come to no harm.[/QUOTE]

Crucified my bleddy caravan, poxy things:Eeek:

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
i use a cover as we have large mature trees in our garden which drops leaves and acorns, so cover is a must for me.

Shirl

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Ours is parked under a very mature Oak tree, the leaves and Acorns don't really cause an issue.

I personally don't like covers, even the best ones still get damp underneath that could cuase other issues. It's probably best to leave the MH air and just clean the leaves off now and again. They shouldn't cause too much of an issue.

To be honest, if you are storing it for long periods then you need to get out and drive it every couple of weeks, most of the leaves will just blow off (excuse me :roflmto:) during a short drive.

S

stagman

Deleted User
Can anyone recommend a good quality cover for my kontiki, although i didn't really want to leave it outside over winter I am really struggling to find any indoor storage so was thinking this was the next best thing, any pro;s and cons advice would also be helpful,
THANKS

As said by others , not recommended:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back