Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2011 after tugging.
Hi all,
can any of you recommend a Winter cover, maybe Fiamma etc please ?

I contacted pro Tec but was shocked at the £550.00 they quoted as i want a Winter cover not shares in the company :ROFLMAO:

I would be possibly interested in a used one also:thumb:

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
I considered getting a cover when I first got my MH and asked a similar question. The answers were all "save your money they aren't worth it"

The main reasons seem to be that

No matter which you choose they will cause wear damage to your paintwork if there is any wind
They are a pain to fit
They will cause damp to some extent, even if they are supposed to be breathable
and anyway your MH is designed to be out in the weather

They were the answers I got from most of the good folk on here.

Hope that helps, others may have different opinions:thumb:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I bought a cover a few years ago but the damage caused to windows and paintwork wasn't worth the protection it gives. The other factor is fitting it. Unless you are about 9 foot tall, have 4 hands and loads of lifting power then forget it. You can pick up a decent cover for a 7 metre van for around £150. Check ebay for the usual dealers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2011 after tugging.
Thanks for the replies.

What you both say makes perfect sense, and fitting the thing i can see would be a nightmare, rockets with rope attatched maybe ?

I would like to pursue the idea as mildew and stationary water etc for such a long time are not ideal.
Most of the adverts state they have liners to protect the windows, i wonder if they do ?

Any more observations ?

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Regarding stationary water, this should not be a problem if you park on a slight slope. If your drive is perfectly level, stick the van on pitching ramps - you only need a couple of degrees off level and it is better not to store the van too far off level anyway. Mildew is a perennial problem if you are anywhere near trees. It seems to gather around the window seals so wash it off regularly.
Be prepared to get up and give the roof a thorough wash after the winter - or more frequently if you feel the urge!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back