LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
I’m seriously considering getting one of these. Or two. Really good for not using much gas - you basically do the initial cooking then leave it for a period in its insulated cover to finish the cooking. Ideal for just two rings.

We did think about these, but we're more likely to be out and about in the daytime and having a pot of hot food to store while travelling would be difficult, I'd be worried about it leaking it out with driving movement.

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
We aren't outdoor cookers, don't have a BBQ at home as we never used the one we had previously and it died of being outside for a long time rather than through overuse, with a small van (5.41m) we're limited on storage space for what extras we can take.

I like the idea of a pressure cooker, not had one myself but remember the one my mum had with one of those massive weights which used to hiss alarmingly. I won't ever forget the pigs head she cooked for soup, I lifted the lid and saw the nose just clearing the top of the liquid, just can't unsee the image of those nostrils!

I did wonder about a Mr D's if I could find somewhere for it be when we're in transit, does anybody use one?

Your post made me smile! I was always terrified of that hissing, waiting for the explosion. With my mum it was Mystery Stew cooked over the Camping gas stove on the beach at Dungeness. It was delicious and made up a little for sleeping in the car whilst my dad fished!! Can you imagine how my heart sank when she gave me a pressure cooker for Xmas once?

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Recently, since 2017
I looked at the video for it and it’s not a slow cooker as such. E.g. I think it finished spuds in 30 mins and chicken in 45 or something like that. So more for making two rings go further.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Does it need an inverter or can it be used without? Love this idea of being able to use it as an oven and giving 2 options of pressure cooker on the gas and halogen oven on hook-up.

You need either an inverter or be on hook up to use a halogen oven. We have a Remoska for when we are on hook up which is a bit like using a small oven.

Denise

OP
OP
Mark and Mindy

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
You need either an inverter or be on hook up to use a halogen oven. We have a Remoska for when we are on hook up which is a bit like using a small oven.

Denise
We'd only use it on hook-up, but having that and the pressure cooker for when we're on gas opens up a lot more options of hot food, otherwise I can see I'll get stuck into the rut of stir-fries which while nice get a bit boring after a while.

I seem to remember having a Remoska about 15 years ago but didn't like it for some reason which now totally escapes me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Mr D’s would work well for you. We have one and it’s great.

OP
OP
Mark and Mindy

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
I looked at the video for it and it’s not a slow cooker as such. E.g. I think it finished spuds in 30 mins and chicken in 45 or something like that. So more for making two rings go further.
That's different to what I thought then, I didn't watch the video but thought they were more like a thermal cooker where its started off on the cooker top and then when up to boiling put into a padded container and left for x number of hours to finish cooking.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
It’s completely sealed, no leaks. Just 15/20 minutes on the hob, seal it up and leave it. Hot stew when you want. Excellent for ham hock, whole chicken etc too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back