Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
our van is an "A" class so we have a hab door , two huge side windows and windscreen none of which are double glazed. We have a heavy curtain between cab area and habitation but still expect I am losing a lot of heat through the single glass. Now the curtains prevents too much condensation and we get none with inside silver screens (all odd sizes and don't really fit).
After thinking about it I have bought a large quantity of felt like material (white) and will cut to size to make a tight push fit for the windows and hab door then possibly back with thin ply. The windscreen is going to be difficult because of the solar panel that resides on the dash but think I can just cover that in as well. So what do you think, plain felt, felt backed with ply, or felt covered with a quilted cloth (designed to make horse numnahs from
). I have large quantities of the felt material so will have plenty left over if you could use some pm me with details.
What else could I make with it. Plenty to make coats and clothes, so ideas for fancydress also welcome.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back