Winter chills? How about Greece? (1 Viewer)

2escapees

Deleted User
Is anyone planning a trip to the Pelopennese this winter to avoid the winter chills. It has to be cheaper than paying all those heating bills. Perhaps we could arrange a meet?

We are going to take the ferry from Venice to Patras just after the new year.

Link Removed

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
We hope to go that way as a sidestep en route to Turkey when we get our money back from Iceland. Tempted to skip the ferry and go Slovenia, Croatia, Albania for the experience.

:Smile:
Keith

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi
we were also thinking on a winter trip to Greece, 2009/2010 and would be very interested on a report, winter weather, suitability of sites, roads etc for an RV ..
good luck with your plans.

The route we were thinking of was Germany, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece , just over 2,000mls , Calais to Athens

Has anyone done this route ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Greece via Venice

My wife and I went to Greece a couple of years back via Venice, Minoan Line, great trip live in your van on boat 35 hrs ,electric hook up supplied and the run of the ship also pools bar etc,we were in Greece August Sept .Oct, stayed wild on beaches and harbours all the time with no problem, went in the sea every day as weather super, dont know about January time though, would think it could be very cold, but no trouble wild camping then, dont think any sites will be open then if you want them that is.Good luck enjoy your trip,Malc.:thumb:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Hi wish we could join you, I love greece, went a couple of times with tony (winnebago tony) in his truck, just parked on the beach and made breakfast al fresco, no one asked us to move they are so laid back, once on holiday we went to the blue lagoon in Crete there were motorhomes caravans etc just parked up for weeks at a time, one man had been there six months how i envied them, we will most certainly be going one year in our mh yet another on my list of places to go, I only hope i live long enough to visit them all::bigsmile:
ruth

ps tony used to go from dover-calais then drive to greece it was a great drive. you can virtually park up anywhere and no one bothers you or says you can't park here.

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Hi
we were also thinking on a winter trip to Greece, 2009/2010 and would be very interested on a report, winter weather, suitability of sites, roads etc for an RV ..
good luck with your plans.

The route we were thinking of was Germany, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece , just over 2,000mls , Calais to Athens

Has anyone done this route ?

Jim check out MagBaz Travels they go regularly (Fleetwood Flair) and lots of the other countries you listed. Their site also has blogs from other travellers to those countries.

:Smile:
Keith

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Just reading the Expat Telegraph Newsletter regarding Greek shipping, and while it is not directed at the ferry companies you may wish to think very carefully before booking any advanced ferry tickets as it appears there could be problems with the major Greek shipping lines finance and i would hate anyone to lose any money,

I am no expert so please don't take my word for anything check it out yourselves and remember this could equally be directed at any long term advanced bookings on anything, but i think i will personally book when i am ready to actually go and make sure i use a credit card just in case

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back