Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We sold our Matiz on eBay last night for just over the reserve price, Last thing to be done before we head for Dover and 6 months " over there".
They fought for ages over the car, they have good feedback but don't want to collect the car until Saturday after 4 or Sunday.
Why so long after winning car ?
We are itching to move closer to Dover but they live in the opposite direction.
Why make the seller wait so long?
I would be there like a shot the day after
winning the car,I would be so excited.
Rant over.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
could be work commitments or getting the funds maybe is harder than they thought from now till sat or sun aint long remember u r itching to move they aint good luck

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I don't know how far away the buyer lives, I would guess work, kids, school etc is getting in their way, hence waiting for the weekend.

Send the seller an e-mail, see if they can possibly pick it up any earlier.

::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
I sold my 2cv on ebay, at the buy it now price. Went on friday to an englishman living in france !
Wanted me to deliver to Cambridge or he would pick up in Manchster on the 17th sept.
Cannot do either as i will be offshore from 6th to 20th, i am delivering to his friends house near chorley on thurs.
He paid the full price into my account on saturday, very trusting guy!!
When he picks it up he will drive it back to cambridge and then on to France - not a journey i would contemplate.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I don't know how far away the buyer lives, I would guess work, kids, school etc is getting in their way, hence waiting for the weekend.

Send the seller an e-mail, see if they can possibly pick it up any earlier.

::bigsmile:

Only lives 30 miles away, I understand work commitments as we used to have them also
We have got blase about being able to do anything at the drop of a hat. and gathering the money together I suppose?

Last edited:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I should imagine he is waiting for his/her other half to be available to take over/drive back - or it may be parking/parking permit related.

Why not give him a call, explain that you are going on holiday and offer to deliver the vehicle for him?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I should imagine he is waiting for his/her other half to be available to take over/drive back - or it may be parking/parking permit related.

Why not give him a call, explain that you are going on holiday and offer to deliver the vehicle for him?

Thanks, have just emailed them with my number, have explained about our holiday not in great detail just that we would like to get away before the weekend.
Also offered to deliver it to them.
here's hoping they will collect sooner, can't wait to book ferry.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
You have been lucky I have just had to relist again owing to time waster for the third time:Sad: well dune on selling first time :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back