maurice343

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Midlands
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
:ROFLMAO:had an argument with some 'skip man' debris jutting out of a welsh "a"road?:roflmto:hedge,near side. Result, one smashed mirror,cover and lost? Repeater lamp!:cry:
Brownhills quoted £1800 for a replacement mirror assembly!! Couldn't help
with spare individual parts, just may have some write offs if can e mail piccies
!!
Wokingham much more in tune, knew what I wanted without grand inquisition, and ordered without fuss. Had I known how much the repeater indicator lamp cost I would have risked life & limb to retrieve it from roadside!
Anyway, best part of £500 later, the moral of this tale is- when in Wales, watch out for the sticky out bits left in near side hedgerows, they bite!!
Let you know when & how the parts turn up and fit(hopefully):shout::thumb:

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Me thinks BrownFools were quoting you for the door too!

Mirror guards - there are a few instances where owners of these feel the guards on made the situation worse. The x2/50 mirror assembly is already heavy and adding a chunky cover makes it worse when it slams back against the door.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have the mirror guards and even though we were told they would stop the mirrors being smashed they didn't.
The company we bought them off didn't want to know, just stuck it back together with Superglue and said they are not guaranteed to work.
So we have a smashed mirror covered by a glued up mirror guard

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
white van man

Had my nearside wing mirror ripped off by white van man just south of Nevers, France.
New one cost 206 Euro to replace and my excess was £200 !!
Have contemplated wing mirror protectors but haven't bothered

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jersey joe

Free Member
Jan 26, 2012
Jersey c I
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Expensive wing mirror

I recently had a smashed wing mirror,the outer casing was scratched but the mirror and motor caput.
My dealer quoted me 1300 quid for casing ,mirror and motor saying it only came complete so how is it I was able to buy the mirror and motor for 88quid yes 88 quid what planet are these people on .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back