Wing Mirror whacked (1 Viewer)

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Ducato 250 chassis, 2018. Long arm mirror, near side.

I've looked through the other threads on this subject, but can't find a guide on replacing a near side mirror. I was forced too close to a wall by some ninety year old blue rinse twinset who did not know the width of her VW Up. I was furious with myself and of course, took it out on Mrs DDJC and the offspring.

Has anyone seen a decent guide, and/or video that shows the replacement process? Only the casing and indicator lens is damaged. Mirror glass and electric adjustment all fine. Is it necessary to replace the whole unit?

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I've been told there are some pattern ones available very cheap on Amazon or eBay

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Maybe no need to replace the mirror casing. Ours got hit hard enough to crack the casing, but I found (courtesy of the forum) some made-to-fit covers on eBay, taped over the cracks and fitted the new covers. Perfect. The indicator light takes about 2 mins to fit and costs about a tenner.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We had this happen and got a replacement cover and indicator off eBay, from memory it cost less than £20.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Why not just fit mirror protectors - good as new!

Job done. (y)

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Where can I find the dimensions of the various arm lengths - I think there are short medium and long versions so how would I know which I have?

Deleted User

I used these people, the parts are as good as the original manufacturers and following the video posted by ‘2 on tour’ it took me less than an hour to change. The unit comes complete with mirror glass (plastic)

You could just get a replacement indicator, tape up the crack and get a decent set of mirror protectors (if only a minor crack).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Parts easily available on Ebay. A 4x4 in a rush hit my offside drivers a few years ago.
New case and indicator. Soon fitted.

OP
OP
DDJC
Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging

I used these people, the parts are as good as the original manufacturers and following the video posted by ‘2 on tour’ it took me less than an hour to change. The unit comes complete with mirror glass (plastic)

You could just get a replacement indicator, tape up the crack and get a decent set of mirror protectors (if only a minor crack).

Can you repair the case and indicator without taking the whole wing mirror off the cab side?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back