LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Had a new screen fitted in France following my last one getting destroyed. Initially I thought great job etc, and I have to pay my insurers excess in a couple of weeks. However there are some severe scratches in the bottom of the luton. At first I thought it was dead flies so ignored it, then thought maybe some mastick, but it is actually a scraping of off the paint.

My question is what should I do about it or reasonably expect as compensation.?

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
sorry here is a pic

Attachments

• for mhf.JPG
    for mhf.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 70

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
IMHO, now that the fitters have gone and to all intensive purposes you accepted the job at the time, I think you have little or no chance of getting any compo!

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
If it was done via your insurance then contact your company and try a bit of negotiation.It is not fit for purpose??

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I assume you signed off the job as completed and to your satisfaction? If so your screwed im afraid :Doh:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Thanks guys, I have yet to pay the exess , should I withhold it? I have contacted auto glass whom are getting a warranty chap to call tomorrow, I did actualy see it when done but thought it was just dead flies.:Sad:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
i know a basic question, but as it is diff to really see the marks on my screen , would a cleaner like Autoglym caravan /motorhome cleaner remove the marks...

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
i know a basic question, but as it is diff to really see the marks on my screen , would a cleaner like Autoglym caravan /motorhome cleaner remove the marks...

no Kath they are actual scratches that have taken the paint away, it needs touching up.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I would be a bit carefull on not paying the excess. When you refuse to pay for a service that has been provided and accepted you may be on dangerous ground and will certainley not endear yourself to the Insurance Comapny.

The best way to deal with this one is to talk to your Insurance Company and maybe get them to send one of their surveyors out to inspect the damage.

It should be plain enough to a competent surveyor that the damage was caused by the installation of the screen. Once this is ascertained an amicable solution should be easily
reached.

Jim
:Smile:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Well, Job done to my satisfaction. Autoglass turned up today at 9-30 and spent about 1.5 hours getting it sorted for me.

So just goes to show that despite some peoples thoughts on the subject, honesty and decency of some companies rules.:thumb:

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Well, Job done to my satisfaction. Autoglass turned up today at 9-30 and spent about 1.5 hours getting it sorted for me.

So just goes to show that despite some peoples thoughts on the subject, honesty and decency of some companies rules.:thumb:

what did autoglass do to sort it if you don't mind telling, just curiors Thanks

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
what did autoglass do to sort it if you don't mind telling, just curiors Thanks

Well, although it looked like scratches, it was some kind of Prima that had stuck itself on to the plastic body, it was then scraped off and then highly polished the paint work with some abrasive thing, (little like t cut). all the prima came off but of course as it did it pulled a little paint with it, they have sorted it though to my satisfaction, polite, pleasant and friendly guys.:thumb:

said the problem was caused by French guy doing it on his own, should be 2 man job due to weigh and difficulty of getting the screen in with the overcab there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back