Terrylang

Free Member
Jan 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2014
I have just joined the site so not used forums but here goes. I am looking to buy a cover for the windscreen on my fiat Ducato based motor home but prices seem to vary from £80 up to £160 so what is the difference and what should I be looking out for hope you can help

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Silver Screens or Taylor Made, IMHO only ones that fit correctly, some mega expensive German ones may also fit the bill.

OP
OP
T

Terrylang

Free Member
Jan 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for the advice I Will look I to these

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reddave999

Free Member
Mar 24, 2018
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Hi everyone, just got a quote from Silver Screen and it comes in at £199 for the standard one but have just seen that Taylormade is £138 for what appears to be similar. So my question is, does anyone know if the former is of better quality, seeing that it is an extra 60 quid? Thanks in anticipation.

Dave

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I just bought. SilverScreen standard length for my new Fiat Ducato camper.
Fits like a glove (balaclava?), easy and quick for OH to put on and no condensation on our first (very cold outside but toasty warm in van) weekend away.

No hesitation in recommending.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I still have a set of Hinderman external screens for sale only used a couple of times, so like new. £50 plus delivery

Bdeners

Free Member
Jul 22, 2018
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
2014 Hobby 65 GE
Exp
Since May 2018
Bought from silver screens a few weeks ago after debating for a few weeks whither to go for them or the Taylor made option. I would highly recommend silver screens, arrived promptly and fits snug on the windscreen, went away a few weeks ago and had no condensation and were great at keeping heat in the van. Only slight negative is the video that is on the silver screen website, far better to go to you tube and watch this excellent demonstration.

Reddave999

Free Member
Mar 24, 2018
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Bought from silver screens a few weeks ago after debating for a few weeks whither to go for them or the Taylor made option. I would highly recommend silver screens, arrived promptly and fits snug on the windscreen, went away a few weeks ago and had no condensation and were great at keeping heat in the van. Only slight negative is the video that is on the silver screen website, far better to go to you tube and watch this excellent demonstration.

Many thanks, it looks the business, so I will be ordering one.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
As I have posted on this forum many times, silver screen's do make a good product. But, as they get older they start shredding bits of silver, which gets everywhere

As the video shows, they are very big & bulky, what it doesn't show is that they are a nightmare to fold up & store when wet. I see he doesn't put it back in the bag!

Mind you, I'm a bit worried about the presenter, he's a man & read the instructions:)

I have a thinner, less bulky screen cover for when it's cold & have just purchased a black 'Fuel Lagoon' cover as a privacy screen for when in warmer climes - I'll report back when I've tried it.

The best screen cover I have ever had was a very thin silver one for my VW T5. When folded it would fit in my pocket - not found anything like it since, more's the pity.

Last edited:

Robmac

Free Member
Jun 13, 2012
Wyboston, Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Renault Master self build
Exp
On second van now since 2012
I was undecided between the Taylor Made and the Silver Screens.

I eventually went for a Silver Screens Paragon for my Renault Master and I am very pleased with it. It's a really good fit.

I haven't had to put it away wet yet, but I can always chuck it in the shower and put it away when it's dried out.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We have a Taylor Made screen on our Ducato. Fits great and its long enough to cover the wipers and scuttle, good product.

Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back