Free Member
Jul 11, 2016
Surrey UK
Funster No
MH
A Class EuraMobil
Exp
Hi all.

Why your forum membership might pay for itself 70 times over - mine did.

I followed a lorry home from the Euro tunnel and a stone smashed my A Class Screen. So I started a claim through my insurance.

I was explicit with National Windscreens that it was an A Class Eura Mobil and not a Fiat Ducato.

They said it's fine and that they deal with Motorhome's all the time - stock item - computer says YES ! . My insurance limit is £1000 with £100 excess and I was relieved to hear they would do it within the limit.

I researched the screen and was worried when I saw a list price of £2500 plus Vat. Through this Forum I got a recommendation for PSV Glass near Hemel that was a sensible number around the £1000.

Just to be sure I gave PSV contacts to the Aldershot branch of National windscreens. Sure enough they arrived with a Ducato Van glass that is a third of the size - but measured up realising their mistake.

Interestingly they then contacted PSV Glass and were quoted what I can only assume to be much less than the £1000 for Glass only supply.

They called me today and quoted over £1700 to supply and fit exactly the same piece of glass supplied by PSV Glass. They were getting it from them !!

Insurance firm advised of dreadful profiteering and now allow to use PSV Glass at £700 less.

Thank you Forum !!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back