Windows (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Advice please. I have a broken window stay which a previous owner has bodged back together with an adhesive. On our recent trip to Scotland we did on a few occasions have reason to open the windows, the bodged repair soon came to light and the stay failed to work.
Now it seems there is a little hole in the stay bracket, I assume it holds a mini tag, and if depressed allows the fitting to be slid off......right tried all that to no avail.
So my queries are, how hard should it be to hold the tag down and how hard do you need to persuade the fitting to come free (by persuade I mean hit with hammer). After my first failure I thought I could slide the whole window from its hinge and take it into my workshop and properly deal with the fitting on the bench....no that didn't work either, the window extrusion hinge should allow the panel to slide free, but clearly there is something stopping it moving,any ideas?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
A photograph might help bump start a few Funster neurons.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kelso

Free Member
Sep 19, 2013
Whitchurch, Hants
Funster No
MH
McLouis
Exp
10 years
Great place for replacement windows (just had my 5 done).
Contact Lewis Westbury, Advanced Glass Products (AGP), tel 01299 851525, email: lewis@advancedglass.co.uk
Based in Droitwich, Worchester but also happy to post.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back