Windows with screens/blinds at head & foot of bed (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Our alcove bed is a very big space but suffers from side windows which inside, are situated at the head and foot of the bed. With built in window blinds and fly screens, there's been occasions when we've inadvertently knocked the blinds (concertina flimsy type) and we've been worried of damaging them.
I've therefore made a 'letterbox' type of protector out of thin board and covered this with material. It's velcro fit to the window frame.
The letterbox enables us to access to window catch and blinds - we sleep with the windows open.

Has anyone with a similar placed window/blind got a better idea?
Was thinking small box wire but don't want it looking tacky.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 28
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Our Hymer came with two thin boards (5 or 6mm) with the same finish as the cupboards that you slid between the mattress and the side of the bed which lent against the blind casings and protected the blinds each side. They cam about two thirds up the window. The windows are only small and the board can slide out of the way in the morning.

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Gavin, there are two cushions velcroed to the headboard at the side of the windows on our van which serve the same purpose as peterc10 described above. Has your van not got these cushions?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Gavin, there are two cushions velcroed to the headboard at the side of the windows on our van which serve the same purpose as peterc10 described above. Has your van not got these cushions?
Hi Andy,
Yes, we have the cushions, but by using them, they totally block the Windows which we like to have open and by totally blocking the windows, hardly any air gets it.
It gets pretty warm when your nearest to the front sloping roof and it's a warm night.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Or thinking of other items which you could use quite easily ... adjust to fit and remove when necessary ... the dog guard NOT the dog!

$_57.JPG

Fitzwell

Free Member
Oct 12, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Karmann coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie ish
Had the same problem and purchased some good quality black out film from Amazon,and was surprised how easy it was to apply and no dreaded air bubbles . I am a total fresh air freak and always sleep with one or two open slightly and find that this lets a suprisingly amount of light in (not that it's needed) because the blinds aren't used you get a decent amount of recess that adds pillow and toes outstretched room as well

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Had the same problem and purchased some good quality black out film from Amazon,and was surprised how easy it was to apply and no dreaded air bubbles . I am a total fresh air freak and always sleep with one or two open slightly and find that this lets a suprisingly amount of light in (not that it's needed) because the blinds aren't used you get a decent amount of recess that adds pillow and toes outstretched room as well
Can you post a photo when you get a chance? Thanks

Fitzwell

Free Member
Oct 12, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Karmann coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie ish
image.jpeg image.jpeg Not sure how to add links but £3.52 self adhesive vinyl film. Matt black 45cm X 2m code 346-0002 from Amazon
This is total black out and not a tint. Lay it on and trim with sharp Stanley blade or scalpel , as I said it was very easy to use but I did remove window and work on a table. You can't really tell from photo but it does look totally professional and as the windows are tinted all round you can't actually see any difference
Hope you sort it out ok

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back