Windows update and Zone Alarm (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Oh WOE is me......thrice woe.............now her Club Penguin account has gone t*ts up :shout: Don't ask! :Blush:

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
AVG8 is an antivirus program, Comodo is a firewall. You need both (antivirus & firewall). Spybot S&D is the topping. Any questions please do ask.

Jon
AVG8 is getting a lot of bad publicity for being naughty in the web security world!
windowsxpcentral

windowsxpcentral

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Good to see that it isn't just the motorhome forums which get a bit heated at times! :ROFLMAO:

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I've set my PCs to download the windoze updates automatically, but NOT to install them without my doing it after the download prompts me - that way you can check via Custom Install if you really want it to install. I also wait a few days after release before installing to avoid just such scenarios as this latest update seems to have caused.......Microsoft had a bit of a name for not checking updates carefully before release some years ago, looks like the same old story again!!:Sad:

At least Beanie's got the laptop on a long wire, other imagine the fur flying for the PC!! They go back to school around September Linda, don't they? So not long, don't stress :ROFLMAO:

I keep looking for the perfect (totally bug-free) firewall......:Eeek:

Laurie

I doubt there ever will be a totally bug free firewall. As for MS updates, haven't had any of those for a while. Perhaps that's why I haven't had any more problems with my Vista. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I have my automatic updates turned off and always have had.

Last night windows continually asked me to download and install updates.

It then proceeded to try to install them and I had to stop them.

This alone took away from me valuable machine time.

Ive always had a high regard for Microsft but this is getting out of hand.

Jim:Angry:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Running two anti-virus programs is not recommended as you can cause some dramatic software clashes this way - choose a product and keep it fully updated and running, but never run two or more anti-virus progs or firewalls.......:Eeek:.

Laurie

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Pat,

I've been doing it on customer PCs with no problem.:thumb:

Does it specify what updates are outstanding? I assume you're Windows XP on SP3?

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back