Windows steaming up inside of cavity (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
So, have noticed that some of the windows steam up a little inside of the two surfaces, which dosen’t seem to want to go.
Van less than 12 months old. Worse when been left in direct sunlight, and then goes somewhat overnight when temps drop.
I understand that condensation comes and goes with temperature differences on surfaces, but are these windows suppose to be sealed, or is there an air flow between the two windows?
Is this something that will gradually go, or do I need to be talking to the dealer to get them changed.
Thanks

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
You should have a little plastic bung near the top of your window on each side, pull the bungs out and either let the heat of the sun dispel the condensation or apply gentle heat with a hairdryer and the refit the bungs when the condensation has cleared.

1618910004488.png

OP
OP
Nigel L
Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
You should have a little plastic bung near the top of your window on each side, pull the bungs out and either let the heat of the sun dispel the condensation or apply gentle heat with a hairdryer and the refit the bungs when the condensation has cleared.

View attachment 487516
Yes, always wondered what those little bungs were for, I will take a couple of them out whilst we are out today, as the sun is shining nicely on them.
Don’t you just love it when it’s a simple fix😉👍👍
Many thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
while trying to get the little bung it fell into the cavity... any suggestions on getting it out please

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
If it's the full bung it will be nigh on impossible as it's doubtful you would get it back out the hole.
If it's lost its collar you may be very lucky and be able to use a thin flexible rod, eg cable tie with some double sided tape around it but it'll probably stick to the inside of the cavity and still catch on the hole if you do get it.
Best bet, leave it well alone, try to ignore it's there and replace with a new one.

Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
while trying to get the little bung it fell into the cavity... any suggestions on getting it out please
No suggestion unfortunately but this is how it always starts. Looking at the bung drives you mad. Trying to get the little bung out damages the window. You replace the window but it’s not sealed properly. Water gets in and you’ve got a damp van. You don’t notice until it’s too late and has spread. 10p little bung = new van. 😀

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
No suggestion unfortunately but this is how it always starts. Looking at the bung drives you mad. Trying to get the little bung out damages the window. You replace the window but it’s not sealed properly. Water gets in and you’ve got a damp van. You don’t notice until it’s too late and has spread. 10p little bung = new van. 😀
And I thought I was the person with my glass only half full ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back