windows freezing on page back (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Anyone know why my pc on windows 7 keeps freezing up and goes to a white page when i-

Search on Google, find a result then want to scroll/page back, it freezes.:Angry:

Tried default settings, updates, scripting defaults, deleted chrome , it will not let me return to a google search.

I know there is always a MH boffin who can help:thumb:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Try start/my computer right click on c drive then click the tools tab, scan for errors, schedule it then shut down and restart. It does not cure all ills but worth a try! :thumb:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Recently had a similar problem with my PC.
Diagnostic check showed nothing but a few minor infections which were cleared, didn't fix the problem so changed the hard drives, no problem since.
(touch wood).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
What browser are you using? You imply Chrome. if so, after uninstalling it, reboot the the pc before then
1. Click Start, click Run, type "cmd" in the Open box, and then click OK.

2. In the command prompt type "echo %APPDATA%" followed by Enter. This will return the path to the user's Application Data directory.

Example: \\Server\Users\demouser\Application Data

3. Browse to the %APPDATA%\Google folder and remove the Chrome subfolder.

Then reboot again. Does IE then behave properly. If so, reinstall Chrome from clean.

If not Chrome, or it doesn't fix it, then most likely you have a nasty. In that case, download Spybot Search and Destroy from http://www.safer-networking.org/. You will have to study the instructions to use it properly, but if anything finds it Spybot will.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I have the same problem today (on chrome/XP) going back a page on MHF. Only started today after Microsoft updates were applied yesterday evening.

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I have the same problem today (on chrome/XP) going back a page on MHF. Only started today after Microsoft updates were applied yesterday evening.

It looks as if that's when my problem started , after a update.
I have sorted it now after advice :thumb:

I did notice under C drive properties ,"remote access allowed" which I ticked to off.

It`s a little worrying , who can have remote access :whatthe: to my pc and my bank account was accessed again last week.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back