• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Does anyone happen to have an unused genuine copy of Windows 10 for sale? I only need the key.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
You can get cd keys from ebay for like £10 , i have used a few before and they were genuine and downloaded all updates etc without any problems

Buster30

Free Member
Aug 4, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes ML580
Exp
Since 2018
Windows 10 Pro is £35 on groupon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
klaatu

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Windows 10 Pro is £35 on groupon
Hmm, those even look like they might be legit. Sold by 'clix-distri.nl'. Thanks.

Edit: Seems they sell 'refurbished' licences - previously used but supposedly no longer in use.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Windows 10 licences are supposedly linked to the computer motherboard. I'd be suspicious of any "refurbished" keys. If a true retail version it might be possible to battle Microsoft to get past their automated systems, with a phone call, to enable a transfer to new hardware, but check the real small print on the licence. Most computers are sold with an OEM version of windows that will have been pre-installed by the hardware vendor. Once authenticated, those licence codes should not be transferable.

If you do have an older, unregistered Windows 7 key, you may still be able to legitimately get the upgrade to Windows 10. It isn't published by Microsoft, but a google. may give a method where you can authenticate an upgrade that Microsoft will consider legitimate. At least it worked for me only a couple of months ago.

OP
OP
klaatu

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I'd be suspicious of any "refurbished" keys.
It appears that these keys are supplied by Microsoft for sale with refurbished PCs, to certified refurbishers only. Clix-distri do not appear to be certified and are selling them without PCs. Looks dodgy.

OP
OP
klaatu

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I bought a cheapy from Ebay and it passed Microsoft's own integrity check when I installed it. If they're happy, then so am I :)

Mr Rusty

Free Member
Apr 13, 2012
Bedford
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Since 1986
Use Linux Mint (Free Linux distro) as your main OS. Very similar to Windows in looks and feel, and if you absolutely must have Win 10 install VMware workstation (Free for personal use) into Mint and then install a free Win 10 image into that. Win 10 image can be downloaded from Microsoft. Or just buy a key from eBay

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
A vast number of the Win 10 keys for sale on the web are "corporate keys" from pc manufacturers, eg Dell, who install the software but it's not activated until the end user customer does so. However, where the machines are bought in bulk by a corporate entity, eg NHS (bad example but gives you the idea!) their IT department wipes the software as they install their own suite of software \ apps in a one off process. Since the key that came with the hardware hasn't been activated it is still a "legit" key and these are bought in bulk from the corporate entity and resold on. Whether it's strictly legit ? but they do pass Microsoft activation.
One thing you may want to think about is Windows 7 goes off support early next year and might Microsoft have an "upgrade offer" to tempt these users \ others to install Win 10?

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Use Linux Mint (Free Linux distro) as your main OS. Very similar to Windows in looks and feel, and if you absolutely must have Win 10 install VMware workstation (Free for personal use) into Mint and then install a free Win 10 image into that. Win 10 image can be downloaded from Microsoft. Or just buy a key from eBay
That will mean nothing to 99% of the good folk on here. I maybe understood it, but then I worked in IT 30 years ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back