Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Yesterday I had the Windows 10 symbol on my tool bar, but today I haven't.

I guess Microsucks changed their minds and decided I couldn't have 10 after all

:cooler:
If you are eligible for a free upgrade you can go to the MS site and get your download from a link there.(y)
Unless of course it has downloaded itself overnight and you haven't even
noticed ;)

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
If you are eligible for a free upgrade you can go to the MS site and get your download from a link there.(y)
Unless of course it has downloaded itself overnight and you haven't even
noticed ;)

SYSTEM he say Windows 8 !!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Tried a direct Download but it just goes around in circles.:rolleyes:

Maybe it's because I keep calling them Microsucks and I'm some how being punished.:whistle:

Never to achieve a "Perfect Ten":(

Ohhh the shame of it:oops:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I'm waiting to see how (lots of) others are getting on with Win 10, before I upgrade. ;)

When I do upgrade the laptop, is it best to connect the ethernet cable, rather than rely upon WiFi?

Cheers for now,

Jock. :)

ThePeltonian

Free Member
Jun 29, 2015
UK
Funster No
MH
1994 Hymer 654
Exp
Since 2001
I'm waiting to see how (lots of) others are getting on with Win 10, before I upgrade. ;)

When I do upgrade the laptop, is it best to connect the ethernet cable, rather than rely upon WiFi?

Cheers for now,

Mine went ok on wifi jock.. just a bit slower... cable will give you a better download speed...

Stu

ThePeltonian

Free Member
Jun 29, 2015
UK
Funster No
MH
1994 Hymer 654
Exp
Since 2001
"I'm still on XP" is like a cry of defiance to Big Brother and the Establishment.:LOL:

It's good to know that there are still Rebels in our midst.(y)

Long live the revolution.;)

We know where you live:cautious:

54543736.jpg

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Windows XP was brilliant, Windows 7 worked fine, when our pc was looking like it needed upgrading we did the sensible thing and bought an Apple iMac,
best decision we have ever made, also bought a Mac Book Pro to replace our old laptop, phew what a difference.
Lightening fast, no more taking 15 mins to start up or shutdown.
Much better resolution, and the iMac takes up no more space that the screen, so much better working with our home network, everything talks to everything with no problems, i.e. we have two Apple Extreme routers to boost the signal around our home, an Apple Time capsule for backing up our files, Apple Tv so we can run iTunes on the TV, we can even have iTunes music playing through our Bose wave music system, Quality.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Windows XP was brilliant, Windows 7 worked fine, when our pc was looking like it needed upgrading we did the sensible thing and bought an Apple iMac,
best decision we have ever made, also bought a Mac Book Pro to replace our old laptop, phew what a difference.
Lightening fast, no more taking 15 mins to start up or shutdown.
Much better resolution, and the iMac takes up no more space that the screen, so much better working with our home network, everything talks to everything with no problems, i.e. we have two Apple Extreme routers to boost the signal around our home, an Apple Time capsule for backing up our files, Apple Tv so we can run iTunes on the TV, we can even have iTunes music playing through our Bose wave music system, Quality.
Exactly what I did 6 weeks ago - only wish now, I'd done it years ago. One of the main reasons I looked at an iMac was the constant Microshaft updates - each one seemingly making the PC more and more bloated.
In those 6 weeks OSX has updated once. In the same time period, Win7 (on my laptop) has had 38 updates.
Apple Time Machine is brilliant in its operation. I had to use it once due to my stupidity - iMac back to how it was pre-stupidity ;)

Once my laptop has breathed it's last, it'll not be replaced by anything running anything from Microshaft

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Since my update I have done a couple of download speed tests, have no idea why but my download speed is around 50% faster than with win 7. Would that be coincidence or could W10 have this effect o_O

Last edited:

ThePeltonian

Free Member
Jun 29, 2015
UK
Funster No
MH
1994 Hymer 654
Exp
Since 2001
it could be down to better more efficient drivers for your wifi or ethernet controller...

ThePeltonian

Free Member
Jun 29, 2015
UK
Funster No
MH
1994 Hymer 654
Exp
Since 2001
it auto downloads within windows update... the window icon in the system tray stays and will show that its happening if you click it

ThePeltonian

Free Member
Jun 29, 2015
UK
Funster No
MH
1994 Hymer 654
Exp
Since 2001
My first PC was back in the day with 512k of ram with twin 5¼ floppy disks and no harddrives... used to run desktop publishing software from them took ages lol... this was when programs were not so bloated....

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I still have a Windows 95 machine that I use from time to time as it has a great drawing program that won't run on anything more up to date :)

Also have machines on 3.1, XP and 7 ......

Won't upgrade as Win 10 won't run the accounts program.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
That will teach me, I think my Lap top key board has gone qwerty, since trying to download W 10 for W Vista 7:confused:
eg the above, thqt zill teqch ;em I think ;y Lqp topkey boqrd hqs gone azerty since trying to doznloqd Z 10 for Z Vitq 7:)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
My first PC was back in the day with 512k of ram with twin 5¼ floppy disks and no harddrives... used to run desktop publishing software from them took ages lol... this was when programs were not so bloated....
I am sure our very own @Sallytrafic is a collector of all sorts of computy things, past and present, with a Spectrum ZX being in there somewhere. ;)
having registered what notification do you get that it is ready for download please.
Roger, have you got that little white Windows icon in your system tray yet?

Cheers,

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Now running on both my laptops. all my files are there and all programs are working! I opted to retain my files and apps and all is well.
Very pleased with it!

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Anyone who wants it now, go to the windows 10 site, click on the icon for your computer 64bit or 32 to load to media and it will install on your machine!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back