Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Right for all you Win 10 experts :cautious: All my thumbnail pics are faint whatever size icons I select and no end of messing with settings will alter it. Googling doesn't help much either so how are your pics displaying in their folders?

Perfect.. no problems, can select different icon sizes or list from View Menu

Capture.JPG

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
upload_2015-12-19_13-32-2.png

after saying how little trouble i've had with 10 i'm now getting this message when i try to open some pictures from my desktop the files are definitely there as if i left click and go to edit they open in paint any ideas?

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Sorry no. But I have still got a tie like that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Greetings from W10. Put the FUN rescue squad on High Alert, please.

I think we can downgrade this to "Standby".

I don't know if W10 has changed since my last look but, after turning off loads of spying ( spot the tiny lettering in the "customize" or miss it at your peril ) off it's actually performing very well, faster than 7 and most software seems to be running OK.

This is very unnerving for a Grumpy Old Man Grade 1.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I think we can downgrade this to "Standby".

I don't know if W10 has changed since my last look but, after turning off loads of spying ( spot the tiny lettering in the "customize" or miss it at your peril ) off it's actually performing very well, faster than 7 and most software seems to be running OK.

This is very unnerving for a Grumpy Old Man Grade 1.
Obvious. You've read the small print in English this time, not Belgian :xgrin:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'm knackered.

Searching and turning of thousands of options. Maybe this is why I uninstalled last time.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm knackered.

Searching and turning of thousands of options. Maybe this is why I uninstalled last time.

Last major Mac update was just a week or so ago. It was set to happen while I was asleep. Worked a treat, woke to a nice welcome message and a link to the What's New page which I bookmarked and got on with my work :)

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Last major Mac update was just a week or so ago. It was set to happen while I was asleep. Worked a treat, woke to a nice welcome message and a link to the What's New page which I bookmarked and got on with my work :)

Could that be that the "Upgrades" are so small and the OS hasn't changed much over the last few years, that it's not worth waking you up! :xrofl::xThumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Could that be that the "Upgrades" are so small and the OS hasn't changed much over the last few years, that it's not worth waking you up! :xrofl::xThumb:

No the last one to ElCapitan was a big one, you'll notice I said 'Major Update. Certainly with none of the hassle that MS gives us. While my Macs work; my Windoze machines work some of the time.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
W10 - real problem. Edited a .jpg, saved to c:\gps.jpg and W10 stored it under User where it took ages to find it. Not found the fix yet.

Otherwise no problems. But for that matter, no serious advantage over W7.

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Anyone know why when a website is open it's mainly not possible to put a shortcut on the desktop? You know the one I mean, right click and select 'create shortcut'.

Have had this new W 10 computer for 3 or four days now and have only managed to put 3 shortcuts on the desktop although may have tried 100 times. A four item list of options appears now, none are connected to the desktop or shortcuts. It also begs the question as to why I have managed to do it three times though but can't see any difference in what I did.

To be fair there are one or two items that need looking for and are an improvement as far as speed is concerned if that's important to you, and quite like the feel of W 10 but it's almost like it's so different from W 7 that I need to take W 10 classes to get halfway up to speed and don't think that is the point when super ceding one product with another.

Writing this from a W 7 computer...

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Thanks lenny

Searched for and opened google translate, minimised, clicked 'all apps' but no app for the translator. I could pin the translator page to the task bar but on closing all pages down and returning to the task bar link it opens the general page of Microsoft Edge... translate was gone

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
In Firefox I use the Google S3 Translator it is an add-on that installs on the Firefox Toolbar. Don't know if it is available for Edge, I never use MS browsers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back