Windows 10 Pro on offer on Groupon for £19.99 (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Spotted this whilst sorting out insurance for my Smart, thought some might be interested:

Broken Link Removed

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Why buy it when it is still available as a free upgrade as long as you use one of the Microsoft access features. You do use the on screen keyboard occasionally don't you.
Can't remember the actual link but I am sure if you google "Free Win10 upgrade it will come up.
I have done three since the MS offer finished.
Steve

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Why buy it when it is still available as a free upgrade as long as you use one of the Microsoft access features. You do use the on screen keyboard occasionally don't you.
Can't remember the actual link but I am sure if you google "Free Win10 upgrade it will come up.
Steve
But do you not have to have a machine with Windows 7 \ 8 \ 8.1 on it to upgrade?
Minxy's link gives you an OEM key that can be installed on any resource compliant machine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the free upgrade to widows 10 is usually the HOME edition not the PRO version

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Steve
Windows 10 free upgrade info

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
the free upgrade to widows 10 is usually the HOME edition not the PRO version
The upgrade is to whatever version of 7 or 8 that you have except ultimate which will be Pro 10. For the disbelievers 10 is actually better than all previous as long as you lock MS out. Not difficult. Just google locking Win10 down. Banish Siri and stick to Chrome or anything other than MS. MS will pester you but just say no.
All Pro's I know will only use Win10. Pity the NHS didn't cut the execs salary's so as to upgrade their software. But they paid the price.
Steve

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Jamwitt, ( mark) is the expert on this subject ,,,

He fits 10 windows everyday!!! Xx

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
The upgrade is to whatever version of 7 or 8 that you have except ultimate which will be Pro 10. For the disbelievers 10 is actually better than all previous as long as you lock MS out. Not difficult. Just google locking Win10 down. Banish Siri and stick to Chrome or anything other than MS. MS will pester you but just say no.
All Pro's I know will only use Win10. Pity the NHS didn't cut the execs salary's so as to upgrade their software. But they paid the price.
Steve
Why do you want to lock MS out?

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I assume its to stop the stupid numerous updates that are automatically done without your knowledge and eat up your data ... I've had to lock it out on mine as it did some 'sneaky' updates once and used nearly 10gb of my 40gb allowance! Obviously the critical/security ones should be done but there's no need to keep updating the graphics etc stuff.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Because if you let them have access to your life they will pester the life out of you. Why give them free data about you. Lock them out get updates when you want them so you can control data usage. Banish Siri and Win Explorer and all pester ware. All games for me are binned immediately. And nothing runs without my express permission. I then keep a smooth and fast running computer. I take a full image after any system change so I can revert rather than using roll-back which is selective.
I have six computers all running win10 and all are very well behaved. If you allow MS to run things they will run it to their advantage only.
I have been working this way since before CPM days. Very much pre windows of any kind. Also a great deal of what I do is still controlled by batch files.
Each to their own....
Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back