lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
After our recent trip to the South of France when some toerag attempted to break into the van I have been looking at ways to make the windows more secure.

My first thought was sensors on the windows that would set the alarm off if opened i know this wouldn't prevent damage, I called a reputable security company about this only to be told it was probably a waste of money. I know i have the van alarmed with internal sensors but I have worked out if you can actually climb in the window without setting the internal sensors off due to the positioning of them, you will only set them off if you move beyond the edge of the van. I know a thief wont know this but it also means when we disarm them at night to sleep someone could open a window and climb in.

I had thought we could maybe add an extra internal sensor to cover more of the van.

During my search I have found this and wondered if anyone has them or has used them in the past.

http://wohnmobil-sicherheit.de/

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Is this any help

Thanks this is the same as the link I posted I'm looking to see if anyone has any experience of them and if they're any good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
You can stick these on the window mine have a sign on the adhesive pad (y)(y)(y)

CB2CE6EE-03E0-494B-8C91-6D061F3AD28F.jpeg

Vibration Alarm, Twin Pack -

WDA522

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
You can stick these on the window mine have a sign on the adhesive pad (y)(y)(y)

View attachment 198396
Vibration Alarm, Twin Pack -

WDA522

Thanks but to be honest when we're in the van its not a major issue as we can close the front off from the back and leave the sensors on, also we have personal attack alarms that can be attached to the handle and if someone opens the window they would pull the string out.

Thanks anyway

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
During my search I have found this and wondered if anyone has them or has used them in the past.

http://wohnmobil-sicherheit.de/
IMV they seem a bit expensive at €80 each.

I've been thinking of making something like those in the video but not got round to doing so as I decided to put 'bars' on the inside of my windows instead as a very visual deterrent and also to stop my dogs 'falling out' of open windows! Below are what I've done on the dinette and kitchen windows:

window bars 1.JPG
window bars 2.JPG

I've also put a different type on the window at the foot of the bed but haven't got round to taking a photo yet! I don't need to worry about the 2 windows in the rear door as the folded bike rack blocks them (we lock it shut).

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi Guys. Any one tried the Telescopic idea from Fiamma at all? As regards security?
Fiamma Duo-Safe Pro Telescopic Security Bar For Camper Vans and Motorhome 05411-02

Just wondered if this idea would work in the garage section of the van too? A bit of modification I know but, not much of a task I believe?

I was also thinking of a wired sling with a loop either end and a pad lock for the garage side of things. We have access from the bedroom quite easily so I would have thought it ok ? Any ideas??

Kev

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Kev, not a fan of the bar, if you have to I'd suggest a ratchet strap between the 2 doors locked round the door arm-rests, it would be easier to store and couldn't be easily removed if someone managed to get in via a window as the bar could just be lifted out (with a ratchet strap if you need to get out in an emergency you could simply release the 'ratchet'), alternative would be a couple of Fiamma door guardian 'bolts'; the same could be done for the garage too but if you go in it quite frequently you'd probably be better off with a couple of external locks for the doors instead.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi Kev, not a fan of the bar, if you have to I'd suggest a ratchet strap between the 2 doors locked round the door arm-rests, it would be easier to store and couldn't be easily removed if someone managed to get in via a window as the bar could just be lifted out (with a ratchet strap if you need to get out in an emergency you could simply release the 'ratchet'), alternative would be a couple of Fiamma door guardian 'bolts'; the same could be done for the garage too but if you go in it quite frequently you'd probably be better off with a couple of external locks for the doors instead.
Hi Minxy....I never give the thought to the bar being lifted out ! :notworthy2: Thanks for that.
The idea from Kevan seems to be where we may go. Looks really secure. The idea of yours for the ratchet strap will easily be used in the garage section with out too much fuss too.
Thanks for your help there guys. Learning all the time:hugs:

Kev

JJ20

Free Member
Sep 19, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
I got the Tiiwee alarm system off Amazon, 2 internal sensors, 4 internal sirens, 8 window/door alarms, 4 remote fobs, I couldn't be happier and sooo easy to fit, this alarm system hurts my ears, I turn off the 2 sensors at night so we have only window/door alarms activated, it's more for us at night if I'm honest, I'd want to know someone was trying to open a window or door whilst we was sleeping.

Last edited:

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
The Heolocks are simple to fit on the Fiat door if you are willing to drill the holes in the door pillar to accept the tongue of the lock. The door fitting is simple just a bolt in and screw.

Fulltiming Felines

Free Member
Aug 27, 2018
Funster No
Is this any help

This Wohnmobil Sicherheit looks really strong. The Lock M Out is a cheap and simple solution but I think they could still crowbar the window off, while the Wohnmobil Sicherheit seems like it would prevent that. Am I right?

The I'm looking at are €90 each, and that feels a bit pricey to me.

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
This weekend we met on a site an unhappy man a caravanner with his first trip with his brand new van, the door was locked and the keys were inside. Luckily he had just finished a lunch meal outside with his friend and they had the cutlery on the table. So using the table knife I told him and demonstrated how the window locks could be opened using his table knife. The knife was the old fashioned stainless steel with a bone style handle and with a bit of knife bending and by piercing the insulation around the window we were able to release the catches and climb through the window to open the door from the inside. The door catch was not retracting enough to release the door from outside using the handle. The supplier of the caravan was not willing to help as it was a sunday and they were about 50 miles away.
An exciting start to the afternoon and demonstrated how easy it is to enter through these windows.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back