Window Replacement Question (1 Viewer)

FrCrilly

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Funster No
Hi All,

The upper front window of my 5 berth camper (ie window in front of double bed above drivers cabin) has recently disconnected. I believe it may not be possible to simply re-install to open as normal, hence I may need to order a new one. I have emailed a number of suppliers and I have only been able to identify suppliers in England who will need the original sent to them from which point they will make a new one. While I can live with the price of the window, I believe the courier fees in both directions will be very expensive. (I am based in Ireland).

While I could securely fix the window to the vehicle permanently (meaning it can’t be opened), I believe this would be compromising fire safety. Another alternative is that I could somehow make the window act as a fall off fire door (ie it would be securely fastened but would fall to the ground in the event of being opened which I believe would be suitable for emergencies).

If anyone has any alternative suggestions on how I could deal with this problem, I am all ears. (eg an alternative way to re-install the disconnected window)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance for all responses.

(Window details: Width 127.5cm, Height 38cm, Roxite 80, D 401, Polyplastic, Rotterdam, 9401 PMMA)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi FrCrilly and welcome :thumb:- my opinion only - if I was you I would stick your window in and seal it up :whatthe: Front windows are always major sauces of water ingress :Eeek: there are lots of vans with fixed window above the cab so I doubt very much if it is deemed a fire hazard. Fit a smoke alarm and enjoy your van :thumb: If not bite the bullet and pay the costs:Eeek: I do not think sealing your window will affect the value come sale time and it could stop water getting into the van destroying future value
terry

Upvote 0

tan

Free Member
Nov 17, 2009
Braintree. Essex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
3 years
window

I bought a polyplastic window for my compass avantgarde from a company called MIRAID give them a try

terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back