Window on side sliding door for ford transit (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2019
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello,

I'm new here and I'm just about to finish my van conversion, it's a Ford Transit 2010. One of the things I can't really do myself is install a window on the side sliding door.

Does anyone know any garage or company that does this relatively close to Southampton?

Edit: I thought about buying one of those kits (window, glue, rubber, etc) but I don't think I'm able to actually cut the hole for the window. I don't have the tools and I can't even park close enough to home to get an extension cord out.

Thank you
Vlad

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Cannot help with anyone in your area but I suggest that you buy a Setz sliding window and mark out the piece to be cut out on the door. It will be easier to find someone to cut out the opening and perhaps fix it as well.

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
If you use a sietz window you'll need a softwood frame inside to take up the width you also need to watch the clearance between the blind cassette and the van side when the door slides

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
vlad
Jul 5, 2019
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for the replies. I'll keep looking for someone local to do it; I'm not home at the moment but there's a neighbour I can ask when I get there. I don't really fancy the wooden frame thing, seems complicated.

I think one of those windows that just glues on might work better in my case. Are there any downsides?

I'll share a picture when I get this done :).

Upvote 0
Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
There is a company down Poole that do this my brother in law just had his merc sprinter down a professional job ex

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Windscreen or sun roof fitters do they still exist

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
vlad
Jul 5, 2019
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
There is a company down Poole that do this my brother in law just had his merc sprinter down a professional job ex

Awesome. Do you know the name of the company or some way to find them?

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Thanks for the replies. I'll keep looking for someone local to do it; I'm not home at the moment but there's a neighbour I can ask when I get there. I don't really fancy the wooden frame thing, seems complicated.

I think one of those windows that just glues on might work better in my case. Are there any downsides?

I'll share a picture when I get this done :).
downside with single glazed windows is heat loss, condensation and they dont come with blinds and insect screens

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back