Window Mail (Not a Joke) (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I use windows mail for all of my email accounts which are set to automatically log on enter my password and download from the various mail servers, but just recently as windows mail starts the download process every now and again it asks me to enter the user name and password for one of the email accounts.

This is at random as its not always the same email. if i just cancel that download it carries on OK for the rest and if I restart the whole download it may well download from the offending email account the next time without asking me to enter my account details

Hope that makes sense as its driving me mad, as it doesn't do it all the time.

any advice would be welcome

Braunston

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
windows actully tracks all email etc i was told by a guy who installs programs etc he says to use firefox more secure he says

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions but I already use Firefox, its my emails that I'm having problems with.

It never happened when I was using Outlook Express with XP but now I'm using Vista Outlook Express won't work with it you have to use Windows Mail.

Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
Have you thought about using Mozilla Thunderbird? I don't like widows mail like many others and have decided to try a third party mail system. There are some very good ones out there, thunderbird being my choice.

Hope this helps, best regards,

Mark and Sue.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I use Thunderbird for e-mail, no problems, though I have a very good spam filter on my ISP mailbox.

Rgds
Bill

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Have a look at mail washer do a google search its free and it works.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions but I already use Firefox, its my emails that I'm having problems with.

It never happened when I was using Outlook Express with XP but now I'm using Vista Outlook Express won't work with it you have to use Windows Mail.

Thanks

Have you checked the service status with your ISP, I use freedom2surf and they can be a bit flaky at times.
If I start to get error codes coming up when trying to sign in I go to the homepage for them and usually they are logging a fault with the mail servers. So in a longwinded way ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: the conclusion is that it may not be you but your ISP that is at fault.

HTH

Rob

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hello Braunston,

I use Eudora (and wouldn't change but that's beside the point :Smile:).

I have four accounts and it's set up so I have to enter four passwords first time I use it after starting it up. If I then leave it running I can click on the Check Mail icon and it will check all four accounts.

From time to time, though, checking of an account might fail for some unknown reason (Internet glitch somewhere probably). Sometimes, but not always, that means I have to enter the password for that account again next time I check the mail. I assume that it's because the glitch led to a time-out/lock-out at the mail server and I suspect that's what is happening with your account.

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back