Window insects (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Hi. We have had our Autotrail Savannah for over 4 years now and it still bugs me to see that we have insects inside one of the windows. This is the sliding panel rather than a push out window to allow the door to open fully. The panes have bungs in them but somehow some wee beasties have managed to find their way in there and die.
Does anyone know how to get these out please.
IMG_20210722_193932.jpg

As can be seen, the window is plastic and has a narrowing border around the perimeter.

IMG_20210722_194029.jpg

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
As a child I had a game where to generate static I rubbed with a soft cloth a piece of Perspex with a dried bean on it then moving a magnet around under the Perspex the bean would follow the magnet. If you could get the flies to one of the bung holes you might be able to fish it out.

As kids we used to sing a song about an old lady who had a vaguely similar fly problem. She had a series of ways to get rid of it but I won't mention them since in the case of your window it wouldn't end well.

OP
OP
bertiebasset
Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
As kids we used to sing a song about an old lady who had a vaguely similar fly problem. She had a series of ways to get rid of it but I won't mention them since in the case of your window it wouldn't end well.
Think all would be well until the horse at the end. but thanks for the info will go out and try rubbing against the plastic. :eek: :eek: :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bertiebasset
Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Tried that before but nothing moved. Have now removed the 2 bungs and will try again in the morning. May need to get a balloon to generate static as just been out and rubbed a cloth on my T shirt,, managed to get the big fly to wobble. :giggle: Now really determined to solve this niggle.:eek:

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
You could maybe cremate them, with a big magnifying glass focusing the sunlight. That would presumably leave a thin layer of ash.

Oh, and sorry guys, now I've suggested that, no-one will see the sun for a month knowing my luck.:sun:

OP
OP
bertiebasset
Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
You could maybe cremate them, with a big magnifying glass focusing the sunlight. That would presumably leave a thin layer of ash.

Oh, and sorry guys, now I've suggested that, no-one will see the sun for a month knowing my luck.:sun:
They are already skelebobs, but yes, you are correct,, overcast here this morning. :rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bertiebasset
Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
For those who have been following this thread (and I am sure there are many very very few, I have achieved what I regard as win.
After trying the vacuum cleaner (which did zilch) I tried a piece of wire and managed to move the bigger item towards the vent hole. I then found a roll of earth cable sheathing and managed to suck most through that. Then a smaller piece of cable, after removing the copper wire I managed to get most of the rest out. The problem with the earth sheathing was it collapsed under suction.
Anyway, we went from thisIMG_20210722_193929.jpg

to this IMG_20210723_112417.jpg

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Have you tied a pipe cleaner like I use to play with in school