Jan 7, 2018
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E799
Exp
Since 2016
Hi,

I found a windbreak last year but never bought it but cannot track it down. Basically it was expensive around 125.00 . features were it used the uprights of the wind out awning linking back to securing to the side of the van and the full length between the two awning uprights. Does anyone know what it was or where i could find? I found a panel screen version but it was crazy at 179.00 and really designed for patio install domestically rather than touring but could adapt but too rich fo me for what it is.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
I understand that you want to use the roll-out uprights instead of the windbreak poles, then fix the ends of the windbreak to the van, so you end up with a windbreak around the space under the roll-out. However all you would save is using the windbreak poles. That would reduce your flexibility as you would have to leave the awning out ( even if a wind got up, it would take longer to roll it in). Why not get a normal or similar and arrange the poles so it goes just outside the perimeter, with 2 close to the van, and maybe add a skirt. You would still have the same arrangement but have a choice on using the awning, and be able to drive away.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SRS

SRS

Free Member
Jan 7, 2018
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E799
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks Lisa/Chysalis,

Will look into these. Jomax has a great range. Like the Towsure so working both ways in keeping the wind break independent if needed as Chrysalis suggests.

Thanks again

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
OP
OP
SRS

SRS

Free Member
Jan 7, 2018
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E799
Exp
Since 2016
Hi Zigisla,

Yes that's it. Will need to ponder over the practicality over drive away elements . Thanks for the link.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
@SRS We looked at them, but the snags we had were that if the wind direction either changes, or is different from site to site, you will have to have two of the clips - one on each end of the MH. Also for us, we dont have anywhere to fit the clips, as the rear bumper wraps around the body, so wouldn't leave the side flat and to move it in would be against the garage door and the same with the front, either wrap around or on gas locker. Apart from that and the price, we would have them. Instead we opted for the Jormax ones with the only disadvantage is that you have to be on reasonably soft ground to bang them in. As we now rarely use sites, we dont really use either and the jormax is now left at home unless we go to the New Forest sites.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back