LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
We have a set, but I think I'm missing something...

A) How do you attach the sides to the van?
B) No door, so what do funsters do? Keep openeing and unpegging?

Getting some seconds thoughts..

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Just park next to fat people.

They block the wind(y)

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I fastened mine down with bungee cords threaded through the pegging out loops, acts as shock absorbers and also you can draw the blocker to one side for entry/ exit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Of the three sections, my front blocker is not quite long enough to reach both sides, allowing easy access from the front.
As their purpose is to block the wind, this still provides enough wind blocking from almost every direction without preventing easy coming and going.
You do not need to attach the sides to the van, you just peg it close to the van. After all the Windblocker is not a weather-proof room, it merely cuts down the wind to provide greater comfort inside the awning space.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
6 inch nail mate!, with a little bit of forethought, if you put it in the right place, and at the right angle, you can use the bit that sticks thro as a hanger for a Towel, a coathanger, or even hang a toilet roll hanger on it.

Think laterally Dave! :hi5:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
6 inch nail mate!, with a little bit of forethought, if you put it in the right place, and at the right angle, you can use the bit that sticks thro as a hanger for a Towel, a coathanger, or even hang a toilet roll hanger on it.

Think laterally Dave! :hi5:
Isn't there something slightly wrong with hanging your toilet roll on a peg outside the van?

Ah..... I get it - Cornwall. We have inside toilets a bit further east.......:LOL:

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
We have a set, but I think I'm missing something...

A) How do you attach the sides to the van?
B) No door, so what do funsters do? Keep openeing and unpegging?

Getting some seconds thoughts..

Door is in the middle of the front panel

sides slide on poles which are sprung loaded and fit between the van and awning roof front rail
Check out the website for instructions and check whether you paid for the poles they are separate items

IF you need some find the Hull phone number on the website to contact them they are very helpful

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
On site with our new windblockers after having the sides swapped for larger ones very easy and promptly
Put them up quickly once all elastics were popped in very pleased with them on the amount of draught they stop too

They don't fix to Van sides but there is a clip on the pole end that goes to the awning email top
The lower end of the poles fit into sockets that fix to the awning rail

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I made my own but adapted them to make them more user friendly.

The side panels are similar to the wind blocker ones but the front panel, instead of having one continuous piece of 'kador' strip on, has several smaller pieces, this still allows it to be slotted into the slot on the front of the awning and keeps it there, but allows me to push them to one side or the other from each front corner, and leave them like that if I wish for each access, I can even gather the front panel up totally if I want it out of the way, rather than take it down. As I've changed MHs to ones with wider awnings since I original made them, I've just made extra panels to fill the gap which form 'doorways' which I can use or not as I wish

Apologies for some of the photos, at the time the only place I could put them up was on the drive next to our garages/carport!

Inside - o.JPG
Outside 1 - o.JPG
Outside doorway - o.JPG
Outside drawn - o.JPG
Outside part drawn - o.JPG
Side 1 - o.JPG
side 2 - o.JPG
1.jpg
2.jpg
My windblocker.JPG

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Blimey Minxy, I dare`nt let `er indoors see your net curtains, she`ll be wanting some too!. She loves her "nets". I seem to spend half my life climbing steps to take them down so they can be Washed!. She`s been chundering on for years about the house opposite, "them nets is a disgrace", "never been washed since we moved here" says she!!.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back