LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Thanks for that Tambo. Only thing is, still need to recharge batteries and we don't intend to use hook ups at all in the uk, tho will use a few in France. My ipod and ball speaker will recharge off the van as we're driving, so we do have a few hours of music, but do love to listen to local radio too. Again, fine when we're driving, but not if we settle somewhere for 2-3 days. Think we may leave it for this hols, spesh after the shoulder unjury, may end up dislocating it winding the radio up :D

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Thanks for that Tambo. Only thing is, still need to recharge batteries and we don't intend to use hook ups at all in the uk, tho will use a few in France. My ipod and ball speaker will recharge off the van as we're driving, so we do have a few hours of music, but do love to listen to local radio too. Again, fine when we're driving, but not if we settle somewhere for 2-3 days. Think we may leave it for this hols, spesh after the shoulder unjury, may end up dislocating it winding the radio up :D
It recharges from your cigarette lighter takes about 30 minutes to recharge for 5 hours use :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I had one when I was working it was good, 60 turns of the handle and it played for long enough, can't remember how long but it was a good while, sound was AOK too, if I left it on a sunny window sill it played all day.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I had one when I was working it was good, 60 turns of the handle and it played for long enough, can't remember how long but it was a good while, sound was AOK too, if I left it on a sunny window sill it played all day.
His Masters Voice 1931 model??? Was it a going away prez when you joined up???:whistle::whistle:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Are we not going a little backwards here with clockwork radios. Its a long time since I bought a vehicle with a radio as an optional extra.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
When we were in Mongolia a few years ago we had a clockwork/solar Short wave set, and a wind up head torches and MP3 player also a power Gorilla solar powered battery charger for all items especially notebook computers.. We visited one group of nomads and they had a wind up radio,but the best was a Ger (yurt) with a massive solar panel and satellite dish and a colour TV!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back