Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
We have Rapido with a wind -up island bed which we have always used either fully up or fully down. We are not taking the electric bikes this time just are pedal bikes and the bed does not need to be fully up. Was wondering if you can sleep with the bed half way up or do you need to put it fully up.

Neil

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
We have a 881F with an Island bed and use it half way up so. It is a mechanical wind up one as well! So I guess the answer is yes!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Our Rapido bed was the same we used it in lots of different hights depending on what was in the garage.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I would imagine so... Mine is an electric bed and it can be used at any height makes no difference

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I find that by using the wind up bed, I can slip off at God knows what time in the morning, and wind the wife up to the roof. This helps if she snores like a bull elephant in rut. (y) You then use the other bed, and just smile when you hear a distant "HELP............I'm stuck on the ceiling, and I need TO WEE"! :)

John Stanton

Free Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chipping Campden
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 (Heap of crap)
Exp
10 years
Ours is electric (Rapido 696F) but we can't imagine it's any different to what you have ... you can lay (or sleep) on the bed in any position as is your choice.

Apparently certain German manufacturers who are stuck in the 20th century haven't yet woken up to giving flexibility in the garage / sleeping area ;)

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
On our 10001 we use it about half way up, I raised the floors on both sides of the bed to give more storage for shoes, also with it partially raised there is additional space underneath the bed.
Cheers
Ed

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I find that by using the wind up bed, I can slip off at God knows what time in the morning, and wind the wife up to the roof. This helps if she snores like a bull elephant in rut. (y) You then use the other bed, and just smile when you hear a distant "HELP............I'm stuck on the ceiling, and I need TO WEE"! :)
When in Norway training years ago, with new members to the arctic warfare game we would light 2 or 3 candles on the snow floor when they fell asleep and in the morning the snow hole they were living in roof had come down to touch their face. The screams could be heard for miles. The things you do for a laugh. :D Please do not try this at home when we have snow end of the year :whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back