Wind problems. (1 Viewer)

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
Because.of being windswept when sitting outside our motorhome, (Maybe I’m beginning to feel my age) I have finally succumbed to buying a “Jormax” wind break after 30 years of motorhoming. I hope it’s as good as the reviews. Am I now classed as anti-social.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Because.of being windswept when sitting outside our motorhome, (Maybe I’m beginning to feel my age) I have finally succumbed to buying a “Jormax” wind break after 30 years of motorhoming. I hope it’s as good as the reviews. Am I now classed as anti-social.
Naw. If you have problems with wind, fellow motorhomers will think you've acted responsibly in screening them from your output ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Like you we think we’re going to get one, we’re just dithering now about the size. We don’t have a dog so don’t need a full enclosure and have a Quest for longer stays but sometimes that’s at the wrong angle and of course if it’s really sunny but windy we’d prefer to not be inside it. Especially Nick who is a real sunworshipper!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Like you we think we’re going to get one, we’re just dithering now about the size. We don’t have a dog so don’t need a full enclosure and have a Quest for longer stays but sometimes that’s at the wrong angle and of course if it’s really sunny but windy we’d prefer to not be inside it. Especially Nick who is a real sunworshipper!
‘Cos I’m a cheapskate I went for the low cost wooden pole option from Cornish windbreaks. Works well. Jormax are very good but not for me

OP
OP
D
Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
Carolyn. We bought the 5metre one, with open view at the top.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
You have obviously not visited our motorhome, then ... When someone asks whether I have offended, I always reply, 'Of course I have; you don't think I smell like that normally, do you?' ... :oops:

Steve
Blame the dog.......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Blame the dog.......
The dog that I don't have! 'Naw, not me, it's the dog, and smelling like that, small wondered he scarpered ... open a window, it'll soon clear' :ROFLMAO:

My Dad loved his dogs and when Mick died, he was totally lost. Mum, who was still working, told him to go to the RSPCA and get a replacement dog, but made the mistake of not setting any limits. Dad returned with a Pyrenean Dog, who weighed about 12 stone, had been kept on a Farm and fed on a diet that consisted almost entirely of sprouts. Mum & Dad's house had 2 reception rooms, the first about 10 feet square, the second just over 11 feet square, so there really wasn't anywhere to get out of range, as it were. A short lived episode, but a lovely dog [sat my older son, then aged 3, on the dog's shoulders and walked them slowly around the street. Dog and boy quite happy!]

Steve

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
‘Cos I’m a cheapskate I went for the low cost wooden pole option from Cornish windbreaks. Works well. Jormax are very good but not for me
We have three of those and make an enclosure to keep the dogs in in fact just bought some new poles had them now for five or six years😊

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Manna from heaven for me, Del: a former work colleague wrote on my Leaving Card that my humour had never progressed beyond the 3rd Form. I was so proud of that recognition ...

Steve
We are looking forward to meeting you in Fife even more now......grow up, don't be so silly. :giggler:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back