Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
High winds on Wednesday afternoon has lifted the sat dish and for some reason (despite switching the unit on) won't go down into the parked position. Can any MHFunsters recommend someone to help me out on this...MANY THANKS

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Chances are it has simply moved on the spindle.
You have to get up there, release the bolts ( one on each end of the spindle and let it go down to the rest position
Once down, retighten the bolts and it's a done job
The reason it will not go down any further is because the end of travel inhibitor switch is already activated so the gubbins thinks the dish is already right down

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
You have to get up there, release the bolts ( one on each end of the spindle and let it go down to the rest position
The reason it will not go down any further is because the end of travel inhibitor switch is already activated so the gubbins thinks the dish is already right down

Sounds like what happened to mine. I did the same loosened bolts turned unit to off, set dish in parked position tightened bolts again and all was well

OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Sounds like what happened to mine. I did the same loosened bolts turned unit to off, set dish in parked position tightened bolts again and all was well

Hi Jemhorn many thanks for that response , I attempted to re-park it and looks like I blown a fuse , I checked the elektroblock fuses and they are all in order so I/m guessing at a long shot there will be a fuse elsewhere

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• IMG_3283.JPG
    IMG_3283.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 97

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
On our hymer very close to the electroblock is another fuse. This feeds the satellite. On our van it is only 200mm away from electroblock. Hope this helps. Edit, power still comes via electroblock and not direct from the battery.

OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years

Thanks , I'm guessing by the picture I've now uploaded its the dome cover durr I'm hopeless unless i know what I'm doing

OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
On our hymer very close to the electroblock is another fuse. This feeds the satellite. On our van it is only 200mm away from electroblock. Hope this helps. Edit, power still comes via electroblock and not direct from the battery.

Cheers I did a thorough search no more fuses in that area I'm kinda guessing its behind a panel where the Sat receiver and monitor is ... I think I need to park it by releasing it first ...

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cheers I did a thorough search no more fuses in that area I'm kinda guessing its behind a panel where the Sat receiver and monitor is ... I think I need to park it by releasing it first ...

Hmmm..
OK.
so what seems to have happened is this:

The wind has lifted the dish and forced it back on its spindle
You have then tried to operate it.
The system thinks it is down so has tried to open.
The dish has stopped it going back any further, the motor has 'seen' a jam and cut off

So you now have two problems.
The first is that the dish is in the wrong place on the spindle. That is easily sorted as already described

Once undone activate the system and almost immediately turn it back off again
The spindle SHOULD return to its point of rest ( the inhibitor switches are inside the plastic dome and are not activated by the dish, but the worm drives inside the dome bit
Once it stops whirring retighten the spindle nuts

If however the system has damaged its self ( quite possibly just a blown fuse ) you are going to have to find that and replace it..
DO NOT REPLACE THE FUSE UNTIL YOU HAVE RELEASED THE SPINDLE NUTS !!
Once loosened then replace the fuse. Chances are high it will whir a bit and then stop.
Once the system has stopped whirring the clever bit will be set to 'at rest' position at which time you should tighten the spindle nuts

Addendum:
I do not know what sat controller you have.. I can see it is not an Oyster which has a fuse in the feed wire close to the control box, but it might well have something similar, or it may be fused inside the controller its self

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

Deleted.. double post somehow !

OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Thanks for all the replys I have had , unable to sort it out myself having seen the base of the Sat Dish was a one piece unit
a Local Mobile Caravan (Telford) and motorhome service Technician
has removed and reset the Dish then replaced a blown Fuse ...

Ksagic

Free Member
Feb 21, 2015
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 890i
Exp
Is your MH in storage, looks a respectable clean place, and can see some units even parked undercover..!!

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Looking at your pic, I have reiterate what @Jaws said, looks like the controller thinks it is down, but in reality it isn't so it has jumped a thread on the controller. Read his instructions slowly, it should sort the issue. ;-)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for all the replys I have had , unable to sort it out myself having seen the base of the Sat Dish was a one piece unit
a Local Mobile Caravan (Telford) and motorhome service Technician
has removed and reset the Dish then replaced a blown Fuse ...

So is it fixed and working now ?
If you had good service can you name and praise technician ?

OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Yes all fixed , Can l say thanks to Lockley Storage where l leave my van who suggested to try LB Caravan and Motorhome servicing of Telford Shropshire.
www.lbcaravanservices.co.uk

Approved Mobile Workshop NCC Approved.

OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Is your MH in storage, looks a respectable clean place, and can see some units even parked undercover..!!

Hi yes the Storage facility has undercover storage and outside parking , cctv and electronic gates coupled with High secure Fencing Market Drayton Shropshire

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back