Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
to be fair,how would i know that you know anything about batteries?:Doh:
and as a matter of fact,i know all there is to know about chargeing battaries useing alts,and now solar,i have over the last 25 years reconed alts for sale and have come across most problems involving alts.:thumb:
i will refrain from posting on your threads again as it seems you have every thing in hand,and need no imput from me:thumb:
Am sorry if you have taken offence Chris and it was certainly not intended.
But you did post regarding desulfation which had already been covered several times in the past. It has never been my intention to upset anyone on this or other forums but sometimes the written word is not the same as a face to face discussion.If I have upset you in any way please except my apologies.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Am sorry if you have taken offence Chris and it was certainly not intended.
But you did post regarding desulfation which had already been covered several times in the past. It has never been my intention to upset anyone on this or other forums but sometimes the written word is not the same as a face to face discussion.If I have upset you in any way please except my apologies.
im not upset buddy,i never get upset,no apology needed:Cool::thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim, Yes have measured the current several times over the last few days and its read between 1 and 3 amps when turning. What I did find is that if its turning its charging,regardless of wind speed. Some other types have to be turning at speed before anything happens,giving the illusion that they are charging when in fact they are not.Have had to collapse the blades a little as I don't think the magnets are strong enough for big gusts. Once its actually turning there's no problem,its the initial gust that seems to send it off balance.
I think I could get the maximum of 4 amps today if I was able to open the blades fully,but then take the risk of it taking off.

that's a very useful amount , as good if not better than an 80watt panel..

next step .. a Rutland 914 ? :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The Rutland was my first choice but size,noise,vibration and not forgetting PRICE,put me off. The other thing is where do you put the Rutland when traveling. This thing folds down and fits under the bunk.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back