Winchester - Wild Camp/pub Stopover (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Does anyone know of a good wild camping spot or pub stopover in or near Winchester? We have to leave the CL we are on on Sat and the THS we are going to doesn't open until Sun so just need somewhere to park up for one night. Any ideas gratefully received. :Smile:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Winchester spa centre,1 worthy lane,so23 7ab.
it's on my motorhome parking app.

Reactions: maz
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi you two and thanks for that. Have just zoomed in on Google street view and it looks excellent parking and free overnight too. Many thanks again. :Smile:

BTW, which app is it that you have, please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Motorhome parking, a Dutch company found in play,we use it a lot, it's invaluable when wet are away.
Link Removed

There's a lot more on the paid app!

Reactions: maz

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Well Terry won't have that one then, will he?

JJ :cool:
I'm the purse holder so he hasn't got a say. Lol.
he knows I know best, ha h a.he's the planner,I'm the spender!

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Update

Just to let you know we stayed overnight from around 6pm on Sat to around 3pm on Sun at the Winchester Spa coach park in Worthy Lane. Arriving just after 6pm meant that we didn't have to pay any parking charge. :Smile:

When we arrived there was plenty of space. Most of the motorhome/coach spaces slope considerably nose downwards but are ok for one night. There were public toilets available where you can empty your cassette but we were unable to find any separate drinking water tap - not a problem as we had plenty with us. Bit of noise from customers at the spa to begin with but soon went quiet at night. Just a short walk into the city centre from the coach park.

However on a Sunday morning you would be very lucky to park there in a motorhome as most of the motorhome/coach spaces are occupied by cars - despite this being expressly forbidden at the cost of a £70 fine. We got talking to one of the coach drivers who said this was a regular problem - there is a car boot sale on Sundays in the car park next door. He has been complaining about it to Winchester Council for 5 years and got nowhere. :RollEyes:

We took a photo to illustrate the problem:

IMG_3606.JPG

We are to the far left of the photo next to the coach - the rest of the coach spaces are occupied by cars! :swear2:

Apr 17, 2010
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
17yrs
Petersfield Road
Winchester
SO23
England

You could try the end of Petersfield rd it's very quiet and secluded or here http://www.thenorthbrookarms.com, just outside winchester you might get away with parking on the road.
But you may have already had your weekend ,you don't say when it is,

froghopper43

Free Member
Jun 5, 2015
winchester
Funster No
MH
renault machzone high top
Exp
since 1998
Hi. I live nearwWinchester and agree the cars are a pain. I asked a traffic officer what would happen if I parked across the cars. But in a motorhome bay of course. Guess what. I would be charged with obstruction and could be towed away. Urghhhhh

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back