Will wild camping be allowed after the 14th of April? (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Good lord, how to make something over complicated.

its simple.

those that want to go away will justify it
those don’t want to go away will justify it.

Jan 9, 2020
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C class
Hi,
First post in a while, and like most of you, usually away in Europe somewhere. Travelling over there doesn’t seem to be as difficult as here somehow and I begrudge paying stupid prices just for a pitch
I just wanted peoples opinions on whether we are allowed to wildcamp in the U.K... or does it have to be a campsite?
I’m so ready to escape and want to do a little bit of both X :rolleyes:
Hi! Like you am chomping to get out and wild camp. Government Rules officially change to allow this on 29th March (less than 2 weeks away) as this is the official date in England that the “ stay at home” rule finally ends. Yes there are many other restrictions still place on the 29th, but it becomes lawful to be away from your home. So hubbie and I are heading off for a few days travels on the 29th. We do not plan to socially mix with anyone at any time! Can’t wait - rain or shine 🚐😁

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Hi! Like you am chomping to get out and wild camp. Government Rules officially change to allow this on 29th March (less than 2 weeks away) as this is the official date in England that the “ stay at home” rule finally ends. Yes there are many other restrictions still place on the 29th, but it becomes lawful to be away from your home. So hubbie and I are heading off for a few days travels on the 29th. We do not plan to socially mix with anyone at any time! Can’t wait - rain or shine 🚐😁
You have obviously not read the government advice or this thread :rolleyes:

Jan 9, 2020
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C class
From the Gov's own site.

Changes on 29 March​

Social contact​

The evidence shows that it is safer for people to meet outdoors rather than indoors. And this is why from 29 March, when most schools start to break up for the Easter holidays, outdoor gatherings (including in private gardens) of either 6 people (the Rule of 6) or 2 households will also be allowed, making it easier for friends and families to meet outside.

Business and activities​

Outdoor sports facilities such as tennis and basketball courts, and open-air swimming pools, will also be allowed to reopen, and people will be able to take part in formally organised outdoor sports.

Travel​

The ‘stay at home’ rule will end on 29 March but many restrictions will remain in place. People should continue to work from home where they can and minimise the number of journeys they make where possible, avoiding travel at the busiest times and routes. Travel abroad will continue to be prohibited, other than for a small number of permitted reasons. Holidays abroad will not be allowed, given it will remain important to manage the risk of imported variants and protect the vaccination programme. The government has launched a new taskforce to review global travel which will report on 12 April.

From where I'm sitting, you are not restricted to stay at home. Alright, you might not be able to visit someone elses house but that isn't the question.

Sorry. I should make it clear. The above applies to England (Including Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly)

Spot on! We are heading off bright and early on the 29th. Don’t especially care where too but as we can we are! Life is for living and can’t see what there is to wait for. We will be fully stocked so dont plan to interact with anyone. 🚐😃

Jan 9, 2020
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C class
You have obviously not read the government advice or this thread :rolleyes:
Yes I have and staying local Stops. To quote “ the stay at home order will end.” i am not staying or visiting anyone. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I have fully abided by all rules at all times btw........

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
Yes I have and staying local Stops. To quote “ the stay at home order will end.” i am not staying or visiting anyone. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I have fully abided by all rules at all times btw........
So no need to break the rules now is there? From the governments site.

Step 2 - not before 12 April​

Business and activities​

Step 2, which will be no earlier than 12 April, will see the opening of non-essential retail; personal care premises such as hairdressers and nail salons; and public buildings, including libraries and community centres. Indoor leisure facilities such as gyms will also reopen (but only for use by people on their own or in household groups); as will most outdoor attractions and settings including outdoor hospitality venues, zoos, theme parks, and drive-in cinemas. Self-contained accommodation such as campsites and holiday lets, where indoor facilities are not shared with other households, can also reopen.

Hospitality venues will be allowed to serve people outdoors at Step 2 and there will be no need for customers to order a substantial meal with alcoholic drinks and no curfew, although customers must order, eat and drink while seated (‘table service’). Wider social contact rules will apply in all these settings to prevent indoor mixing between different households.

Events​

While funerals can continue with up to 30 mourners, the number of people able to attend weddings, receptions and commemorative events such as wakes will rise to 15.

And this is the full text document.

Step 1​

Figure 9: Step 1

Step 1:
8 March
  • Schools and colleges are open for all students. Practical Higher Education Courses.
  • Recreation or exercise outdoors with household or one other person. No household mixing indoors.
  • Wraparound childcare.
  • Stay at home.
  • Funerals (30), wakes and weddings (6)
29 March
  • Rule of 6 or two households outdoors. No household mixing indoors.
  • Outdoor sport and leisure facilities.
  • Organised outdoor sport allowed (children and adults).
  • Minimise travel. No holidays.
  • Outdoor parent & child groups (up to 15 parents).

Jan 9, 2020
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C class

Business and activities​

Step 2, which will be no earlier than 12 April, will see the opening of non-essential retail; personal care premises such as hairdressers and nail salons; and public buildings, including libraries and community centres. Indoor leisure facilities such as gyms will also reopen (but only for use by people on their own or in household groups); as will most outdoor attractions and settings including outdoor hospitality venues, zoos, theme parks, and drive-in cinemas. Self-contained accommodation such as campsites and holiday lets, where indoor facilities are not shared with other households, can also reopen.

Hospitality venues will be allowed to serve people outdoors at Step 2 and there will be no need for customers to order a substantial meal with alcoholic drinks and no curfew, although customers must order, eat and drink while seated (‘table service’). Wider social contact rules will apply in all these settings to prevent indoor mixing between different households.

Events​

While funerals can continue with up to 30 mourners, the number of people able to attend weddings, receptions and commemorative events such as wakes will rise to 15.

Step 1​

Step 1:
8 March
  • Schools and colleges are open for all students. Practical Higher Education Courses.
  • Recreation or exercise outdoors with household or one other person. No household mixing indoors.
  • Wraparound childcare.
  • Stay at home.
29 March

Business and activities​

Events​

Step 1​

Step 1:
8 March
  • Wraparound childcare.
  • Stay at home.
29 March

Business and activities​

Events​

Step 1​

Step 1:
8 March
  • Wraparound childcare.
  • Stay at home.
29 March
Ah well . No one is perfect. Will have spent over 365 days 100% in full compliance- whilst working 60-70 hour weeks in blue light sector, so setting out for some solitude and space in my self contained, fully stocked 🚐 isn’t too bad in my book. My MoHo isn’t being open to the public, so life for me will finally start to be opened up on the 29th.
if I were to be stopped and fined? So be it. 😀

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
It’s the overnight stops that won't be allowed until the 12th April.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
Ah well . No one is perfect. Will have spent over 365 days 100% in full compliance- whilst working 60-70 hour weeks in blue light sector, so setting out for some solitude and space in my self contained, fully stocked 🚐 isn’t too bad in my book. My MoHo isn’t being open to the public, so life for me will finally start to be opened up on the 29th.
if I were to be stopped and fined? So be it. 😀
as they say you cant teach stupid but at least you admit you are breaking the law :rolleyes:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014

Business and activities​

Events​

Step 1​

Step 1:
8 March
  • Wraparound childcare.
  • Stay at home.
29 March

I don't think, in fact I know that Skoods is doing nothing wrong.

He is not visiting campsites and the like.

Ask yourself this question. On 29th March can you, or anyone else get in your car and go to a car park. Not Tesco or Lidl but just, "A Car Park"
If the answer to that question is Yes Then Skoods can go to a car park, park up and make a cup of Tea. If he is allowed to park overnight on that car park then he is committing no offence as he is self contained.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C class
as they say you cant teach stupid but at least you admit you are breaking the law :rolleyes:
All sorted! Just so you don’t have a bad day, nor resort to rude comments ( too late I see) I have just resolved matters lawfully to meet all Gov guidelines. now have a definite destination ( so full freedom to go anywhere is not an option I grant you) but am able to head off none the less, not on “holiday“, to a quiet off road location to park. not expanding here how but very happy to provide assurance my law abiding continues 😁

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Good lord, how to make something over complicated.

its simple.

those that want to go away will justify it
those don’t want to go away will justify it.

Indeed it is and only one group will be legal.

Ian

Jan 9, 2020
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C class
I don't think, in fact I know that Skoods is doing nothing wrong.

He is not visiting campsites and the like.

Ask yourself this question. On 29th March can you, or anyone else get in your car and go to a car park. Not Tesco or Lidl but just, "A Car Park"
If the answer to that question is Yes (and it is. Then Skoods can go to a car park, park up and make a cup of Tea. If he is allowed to park overnight on that car park then he is committing no offence as he is self contained.
Hi Emmit. 🙌🏼. It took a little bit of good fortune provided by a work colleague, but have secured an added factor to ensure my trip will be “all fully legal” 😇. Ensuring that MichaelT can relax. Not sure why on a supposed fun group people call you names so quickly!? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Hope you soon get to enjoy your MoHo too, just how you want. Been a long time coming. Cheers skoods.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
All sorted! Just so you don’t have a bad day, nor resort to rude comments ( too late I see) I have just resolved matters lawfully to meet all Gov guidelines. now have a definite destination ( so full freedom to go anywhere is not an option I grant you) but am able to head off none the less, not on “holiday“, to a quiet off road location to park. not expanding here how but very happy to provide assurance my law abiding continues 😁

And how would that be compliant with this then (link to relevant part of .gov.uk site earlier):

54A86A0F-6489-44A4-A7F7-8487EB0D8749.jpeg

Ian

Attachments

• 85415339-9AA9-4BF7-B8E6-60E21CDA33AE.jpeg
    85415339-9AA9-4BF7-B8E6-60E21CDA33AE.jpeg
    747.9 KB · Views: 4

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
And how would that be compliant with this then (link to relevant part of .gov.uk site earlier):

View attachment 474277

Ian
Simply put, in legalise, "Should not" is not the same as, "Must not."
Don't shoot me. I didn't write those words highlighted.

I could (alright will) be contrary.
106. (Above) As a result of these changes, people will no longer be required to Stay at Home.

If people are no longer required to stay at home (and note the Capital letters) then they can
stay somewhere other than home.

Last edited:

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Skoods has already said he is being compliant with the rules.

Why are there so many "covid police" not knowing the full details. Leave em to it?
innocent until proven guilty and if sussed and guilty then they will face whatever punishment in place.

Too many know alls here complicating things, sometimes you just have to leave people to their own Judgement.

Last edited:

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Simply put, in legalise, "Should not" is not the same as, "Must not."
Don't t shoot me. I didn't write those words highlighted.
What does ‘should not’ mean then?

He also states that he is complying with the ‘guidelines’ ?

Ian

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
If people are no longer required to stay at home (and note the Capital letters) then they can
stay somewhere other than home.

Indeed they can, just not overnight.

You seem to be assigning a very specific meaning to ’stay’.

It doesn’t seem to work for the more general use of the term .......

58BAFAA4-588D-408E-B3EA-8B1FC06A1D62.jpeg

..... unless you believe that the sign should include a list of accommodation that excludes your home address? 😉

Ian

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
:eek: Haven't we had a similar thread about when we can stay overnight that is not our home?
12th April is the earliest that "Overnight stays away from home in this country will be permitted"
No flim flam or confusion and that is a quote from our Government's www.

1. Goto https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...nse-spring-2021/covid-19-response-spring-2021
2. a) On a Windows PC press CTRL+F to bring up a search window. Write in 'overnight' then step through the occurrences of that word to read the rules ;) :)
or b) Click on your browser's Menu and select the "find" option. Write in 'overnight' then step through the occurrences of that word to read the rules ;) :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back