Will Vista Become Windows 7

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Braunston, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Braunston

Braunston

Ratings:
    +10
    Hi, I seem to be getting updates to my version of Vista nearly every day the latest one today is nearly 20MB, if they carry on like this I have a feeling it will be the same as Windows 7 in a few months so why change

2. Andy 01424

Andy 01424

Ratings:
    +0
    Wndows 7 is a dressed down version of vista,basic Vista was a basic a Buisness designed OS,,if you notice it takes around 750mb ram to run Vista where as XP needed a min of 256mb,basic they cut a lot of the crap out of Vista and launched it as Windows 7,its a shame they didnt listen to a lot of people ,XP was so user friendly,you needed to find anything couple of clicks your there Vista was a minefield to find anything,hence i stick with XP

and i agree were stuck with Vista on laptop,would have to replace HD just to go back to XP ,and all we have had over past few weeks is updates ,so i shut it off so no updates :ROFLMAO:

3. smiff

smiff

Ratings:
    +0
  4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +35,574
    Hi.

W7 RC is no longer available for download , just as I was thinking about it .. :Sad:

due for release on 22nd Oct ...

jim

5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +40,698
    Thank your lucky stars Jim - means you won't be tempted to "upgrade" and make a mess of your machine ::bigsmile:

Apart from patches/service packs I've never felt tempted to change the OS which came with a machine since the days of Win 3.1 - and that was only to take advantage of networking in 3.11 :Smile:.

Graham

6. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +35,574
    seems like you know me better than me .. :roflmto:

7. American Dream

American Dream

Ratings:
    +156
    And how many updates has it taken to make Windows xp and even vista stable after how many years?

Yes there are many similarities between Vista and windows 7

7 uses memory and processor more intelligently and is the obvious progression to vista.

PS I've just finished upgrading a "raw" xp sp2 image on my wife's new laptop and it's taken some 3 hours with the service packs.

I still stick with the opinion, after running 7 for a couple of months or more, that it is a far more solid O/S.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009