Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
Hi all,
I'm wondering if a Camp-Tech inflatable awning - Airdream 390 Lux or an Airdream 400 will fit my Bessacarr E560 please or is it only for caravans.

Thanks in advance

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
Well I hope this makes sense, we our looking into getting a inflatable awning, and have decided to go for a Kampa one.

Whilst researching the product for feedback and prices, it was confusing when most stockists said they were for caravans. So in the end I phoned Kampa direct to find out that the awnings will fit either a caravan or motorhome. But the critical bit is the height, so you need to measure from the ground to the awning rail to ascertain what model you need.

Also another thing to take into consideration is the width you go for, as it could work out that one of the sides could come down halfway across a window.
Don't know if any of this helps, but good luck in your search.

Mark & Anne.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
agree totally with Mark and Annes comment above, but don't worry about the window bit, ours comes down across the window, apart from not being able to open it, it doesn't really matter (to us anyway)

but we needed the XL for our height (y)

note though - we now have a distorted wind out awning, we believe due to hanging the awning on before winding back in, also on our Omnistore circa 2007 the track to feed the awning into has a sharp leading edge and has damaged our Kampa, so we now have 2 unusable awnings :(:(

New Omnistore on order and we will not be using the kampa again, so also have a cheap XL for sale (y)

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Well I hope this makes sense, we our looking into getting a inflatable awning, and have decided to go for a Kampa one.

Whilst researching the product for feedback and prices, it was confusing when most stockists said they were for caravans. So in the end I phoned Kampa direct to find out that the awnings will fit either a caravan or motorhome. But the critical bit is the height, so you need to measure from the ground to the awning rail to ascertain what model you need.

Also another thing to take into consideration is the width you go for, as it could work out that one of the sides could come down halfway across a window.
Don't know if any of this helps, but good luck in your search.

Mark & Anne.

The difference between the Kampa Rally Air Pro and the Kampa Motor Rally Pro is that the "Motor" version is designed for Motorhomes and is available in three sizes to fit varying heights of vehicles:-

L: fits 250 - 265cm
XL: fits 265 - 280cm
XXL fits 280 - 295cm

As I said in my previous post the correct size for the OP's Bessacarr E560 is the L: 250cm - 265cm

The Kampa Rally Air Pro is designed for caravans and only comes in one height size.

Pete

Upvote 0

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
Pete,

thank you for the heads up on that, so I was mis-informed by Kampa.
Just goes to show the knowledge on here, thanks again for that, could have been a costly mistake.

See you are from Norfolk as well, what part ?

Mark & Anne.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back