Will the last person to use the bathroom turn out the lights? (1 Viewer)

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Not from any particular design decision, but because of the state of our conversion, the pre-existing light bar that now lights the bathroom protrudes into the main space, too, so it is really obvious when you've left the light on. Whilst I thought it would be annoying, it is actually a useful feature.

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
Looked at some of the suggestions and they all appeared to turn of after about 120seconds.

Does anyone have suggestions for a battery, PIR lamp with a decent 'on time'

Geoff

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
We train dogs to fetch, sit, stay etc, horses to allow humans to sit on them, cows to go to their own milking shed, children to cross the road safely, we have flown supersonic, travelled on water using balloons, and most people believe we have landed men on the moon.

But we do not appear to be able to train a man to turn the BLOODY LIGHT OFF

1621713548890.png

Sorry Kannon Fodda could not resist

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We train dogs to fetch, sit, stay etc, horses to allow humans to sit on them, cows to go to their own milking shed, children to cross the road safely, we have flown supersonic, travelled on water using balloons, and most people believe we have landed men on the moon.

View attachment 499830

....or aim properly. So a friend tells me

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner

View attachment 499830

I'm a special kind of man; I've been trained to both turn off the light, AND to remove the cardboard inner from the Bog Roll from the bathroom.It's an exhausting routine ... :rolleyes:

Steve

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
I'm a special kind of man; I've been trained to both turn off the light, AND to remove the cardboard inner from the Bog Roll from the bathroom.It's an exhausting routine ... :rolleyes:

Steve
Don't you have staff for that sort of thing?:whistle:

Geoff

Elaine B

Free Member
Jan 9, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto trail
Exp
A long time
I only have myself to blame. The MHā€™s conveniences is enclosed, no roof light, so to see where you are aiming an illuminating experience is helpful. And yes shut the little door else the campsite might realise what you are up to (but perhaps the Thetford SOG fan is still a giveaway to the neighbours). But after Iā€™ve done my thing inevitably I exit the cubbyhole, close the door, and get on with achieving nothing. A couple of hours later come need to revisit and Iā€™ve left the light on. Not the best thing if you need to look after battery power that is being abused for other stuff.

So suggestions as to how to overcome my numptiness?

Oh and itā€™ a sort of toilet thread ::bigsmile:
These wee lights are great - no wiring and recharge with usb. Loads of similar on Amazon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210523-083042_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210523-083042_Chrome.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 18

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Don't you have staff for that sort of thing?:whistle:

Geoff
Not since we bought a motorhome. Redundancies were a vital part of the business case in these straitened times ... :rolleyes:

Steve

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
An LED uses so little power you can leave it on all night. I fitted a computer extractor fan in the toilet ceiling skylite, and while I was at it fitted a low power white 3mm led in it. Because your eyes are used to the dark in the middle of the night it lights the whole room up.. Power consumption? 10 milliamps šŸ˜Ž

View attachment 499101
Ha ha, snap, well -ish I used a USB fan in the same situation, a box of 50 of them came into my possession so I have also fitted copious USB outlets around the van based on the theory we have enough to dot them where ever the need might arise and spares to easily see us through this decade!!
Mike

Oct 4, 2020
North West England
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Cipro 55 CI
Exp
since 2015
I only have myself to blame. The MHā€™s conveniences is enclosed, no roof light, so to see where you are aiming an illuminating experience is helpful. And yes shut the little door else the campsite might realise what you are up to (but perhaps the Thetford SOG fan is still a giveaway to the neighbours). But after Iā€™ve done my thing inevitably I exit the cubbyhole, close the door, and get on with achieving nothing. A couple of hours later come need to revisit and Iā€™ve left the light on. Not the best thing if you need to look after battery power that is being abused for other stuff.

So suggestions as to how to overcome my numptiness?

Oh and itā€™ a sort of toilet thread ::bigsmile:
hi here is a cheap little gadget it may or may not help
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/27458602...d=link&campid=5338547443&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
Me too! And I bought them for our bathrooms at home as well as they are just right for night time visits without the wake up glare of the overhead LED lights. Had them for well over a year now and no battery change yet. I hang them from shower rail in MH, from a drawer knob in one bathroom at home and from an over cupboard light fitting in the other bathrom. Certainly not from the toilet rim !
I Had to re-read this, at first it sounded like you have 3 bathrooms in your MH! Now that is posh.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back