Will the last person to use the bathroom turn out the lights? (1 Viewer)

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
I only have myself to blame. The MH’s conveniences is enclosed, no roof light, so to see where you are aiming an illuminating experience is helpful. And yes shut the little door else the campsite might realise what you are up to (but perhaps the Thetford SOG fan is still a giveaway to the neighbours). But after I’ve done my thing inevitably I exit the cubbyhole, close the door, and get on with achieving nothing. A couple of hours later come need to revisit and I’ve left the light on. Not the best thing if you need to look after battery power that is being abused for other stuff.

So suggestions as to how to overcome my numptiness?

Oh and it’ a sort of toilet thread ::bigsmile:

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year

they are also on Amazon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Just had a look at those night lights. They come in white or amber. The amber light might help you’re night vision when you stumble back out of the small room. Also it could cause some strange looks by fellow campers mistakenly think you’re showing a red light.

OP
OP
Kannon Fodda

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Seems a bit of a shame to be adding a battery powered thing that sooner or later will need batteries when I’ve already got three decent LED lights in the little boys room.

I did think of some form of motion sensor although I’d need to mess about and trace wire routes. But the sensor itself would use power.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Just had a look at those night lights. They come in white or amber. The amber light might help you’re night vision when you stumble back out of the small room. Also it could cause some strange looks by fellow campers mistakenly think you’re showing a red light.
Yes, and if using the Amber light don't leave a box of OMO in the kitchen window.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We have one of these.

Me too! And I bought them for our bathrooms at home as well as they are just right for night time visits without the wake up glare of the overhead LED lights. Had them for well over a year now and no battery change yet. I hang them from shower rail in MH, from a drawer knob in one bathroom at home and from an over cupboard light fitting in the other bathrom. Certainly not from the toilet rim !

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
I only have myself to blame. The MH’s conveniences is enclosed, no roof light, so to see where you are aiming an illuminating experience is helpful. And yes shut the little door else the campsite might realise what you are up to (but perhaps the Thetford SOG fan is still a giveaway to the neighbours). But after I’ve done my thing inevitably I exit the cubbyhole, close the door, and get on with achieving nothing. A couple of hours later come need to revisit and I’ve left the light on. Not the best thing if you need to look after battery power that is being abused for other stuff.

So suggestions as to how to overcome my numptiness?

Oh and it’ a sort of toilet thread ::bigsmile:

If you look in the Chausson section of Continental MHs you will see a solution to the same problem, (the lights, not the number of visits to the toilet), which I posted a couple of weeks ago.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Seems a bit of a shame to be adding a battery powered thing that sooner or later will need batteries when I’ve already got three decent LED lights in the little boys room.

I did think of some form of motion sensor although I’d need to mess about and trace wire routes. But the sensor itself would use power.
Get Lithium batteries, then you won’t have any problems.......

......oh, hang on a minute :blush::rofl:

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp

OP
OP
Kannon Fodda

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Get Lithium batteries, then you won’t have any problems.......

......oh, hang on a minute :blush::rofl:
Techs issue even with lithium is when on site for a cloudy few days and you abuse the battery recharging evoke computer and stuff leaving the lights on isn’t a good idea

jako999

Free Member
Mar 21, 2021
Halesowen
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff
Exp
Are you up for some diy?
I bought some 12 volt leds and wire them back to the lights I couldn’t see when on like the one in the garage and the out side lights. Depending whether you can run and hide the cables I’m sure it would be perfect.
I will be fitting them again in our new van when it comes, it’s annoying the manufacturers don‘t fit them as standard it would be easy at the build point.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
have you though of using a hammer ?

not to sort out the lights etc, but if you hit yourself with it every time you forget, you will soon remember ..... the difficult bit isnt remembering to hit yourself with it, but to actually hit yourself so that you remember, true dedication to resolving the problem ......

OP
OP
Kannon Fodda

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Are you up for some diy?
I bought some 12 volt leds and wire them back to the lights I couldn’t see when on like the one in the garage and the out side lights. Depending whether you can run and hide the cables I’m sure it would be perfect.
I will be fitting them again in our new van when it comes, it’s annoying the manufacturers don‘t fit them as standard it would be easy at the build point.
Hmm. Bit extravagant and if you saw the state of my house you’d know that I shouldn’t be diy on the mh as well

but I do wonder if there is a replacement proper styled mh light switch with a led that would warn me it’s on

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
An LED uses so little power you can leave it on all night. I fitted a computer extractor fan in the toilet ceiling skylite, and while I was at it fitted a low power white 3mm led in it. Because your eyes are used to the dark in the middle of the night it lights the whole room up.. Power consumption? 10 milliamps 😎

20190707_155024.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kannon Fodda

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
An LED uses so little power you can leave it on all night. I fitted a computer extractor fan in the toilet ceiling skylite, and while I was at it fitted a low power white 3mm led in it. Because your eyes are used to the dark in the middle of the night it lights the whole room up.. Power consumption? 10 milli amps 😎

View attachment 499101
Thanks. But nighttime lighting with low luminance isn’t my idiocy. It’s daytime when I use lighting to see in the compartment but it’s nicely lit when I leave and forget to turn that bright light off again

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Thanks. But nighttime lighting with low luminance isn’t my idiocy. It’s daytime when I use lighting to see in the compartment but it’s nicely lit when I leave and forget to turn that bright light off again
You need an on timer with cancel function then. As you go in you start say a 30 minute (worse case scenario. difficult birth 😂) timer with a push button then when you come out in 5 minutes you press cancel, but if you forget it goes off in 25 minutes anyway. You'd probably have to build one, I could do you a diagram as I made something similar for the tracker timer 😎

OP
OP
Kannon Fodda

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Now I have visions of having to emerge 3/4 done to reset.

perhaps the ideal system is not only “motion” sending but has voice activation as backup so you can shout out to the campsite when the light goes out at your inconvenience.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back