Will the antigen suffice on Brittany ferries ? (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Basically as the title I am struggling to find a pcr test for the trip back home on Wednesday but can get an antigen test but can’t find out if this ok for Brittany ferries . Anyone know ?

Deleted User
Basically as the title I am struggling to find a pcr test for the trip back home on Wednesday but can get an antigen test but can’t find out if this ok for Brittany ferries . Anyone know ?
It was a month ago for pre departure test in Spain.

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
Unless it's changed and I hadn't heard, a negative LFT is acceptable for your return boarding.
On return from France recently we got this at a local pharmacy for €25. Results while you wait and all the required paperwork/QR codes too.
Sadly you still need the get the expensive PCR test booked for Day 2 of your return....

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Unless it's changed and I hadn't heard, a negative LFT is acceptable for your return boarding.
On return from France recently we got this at a local pharmacy for €25. Results while you wait and all the required paperwork/QR codes too.
Sadly you still need the get the expensive PCR test booked for Day 2 of your return....
Excellent thank you very much , I can get that done locally tomorrow 👍I have the 2 day test booked and received the required number .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Excellent thank you very much , I can get that done locally tomorrow 👍I have the 2 day test booked and received the required number .
We got tested in Caen in July at a chemist.25 euros each.BUSBY.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Came back yesterday via Brittany ferries and they did not question the C19 antibody return to the UK paperwork.
Where did you get the test done with paperwork ? We travel back 30th from Caen.

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Got our done at a chemist in Bruz, excellent aire by the river in the nearby village of Port Bean. Cost 19 euros and done in 15 minutes for both of us. Also noticed chemists in Dinan offering the service and the aire there by the bridge was free with a tuk tuk in to town for 6 euros. Might be on your route.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
We've got C19 tests with us too in case we have symptoms, but I think the ferries want formal paperwork?
When you do the C19 test you send off a photo of of the negative test with your passport, C19 send you a certificate by email with the required barcode, if the ferry company needs to scan it.

Mar 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
SWIFT KONTIKI 649
Exp
SINCE 1980
We came back from Bilbao with Brittany Ferries on Saturday gone and the anitgen test was sufficient for double-vaccinated people. Cost 40 euros. Then had to have the PCR day two test back in the UK - 100 quid each.

Rocket.

Free Member
Sep 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
C class.
When you do the C19 test you send off a photo of of the negative test with your passport, C19 send you a certificate by email with the required barcode, if the ferry company needs to scan it.
Are we talking about the "NHS Covid-19 Self-Test (Rapid Antigen Test)" which is the title on the box, or the company C19, who supply a private test you have to buy?
This is getting more confusing by the minute!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Where did you get the test done with paperwork ? We travel back 30th from Caen.
Opposite Tourist Information in Caen is a large chemist that charge 25 euros for antigen test.Result and certificate in half an hour.50 yds from the castle.BUSBY.

Apr 14, 2013
Tranmere Park
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2000
That’s not true - I’ve been back to the U.K. for a trip back for a reunion and had the 48hour test through Dante Labs prebooked - it wasn’t a PCR test and was accepted for the U.K. passenger location form and subsequently!

Apr 14, 2013
Tranmere Park
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2000
That’s not true - I’ve been back to the U.K. for a trip back for a reunion and had the 48hour test through Dante Labs prebooked - it wasn’t a PCR test and was accepted for the U.K. passenger location form and subsequently

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Are we talking about the "NHS Covid-19 Self-Test (Rapid Antigen Test)" which is the title on the box, or the company C19, who supply a private test you have to buy?
This is getting more confusing by the minute!
The Cerulean C19 Rapid Antigen test you have to buy £29.00 ours was from the Co Op pharmacy.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
That’s not true - I’ve been back to the U.K. for a trip back for a reunion and had the 48hour test through Dante Labs prebooked - it wasn’t a PCR test and was accepted for the U.K. passenger location form and subsequently!
Always been just an antigen test to enter UK.BUSBY.,,hasn't it.

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
That’s not true - I’ve been back to the U.K. for a trip back for a reunion and had the 48hour test through Dante Labs prebooked - it wasn’t a PCR test and was accepted for the U.K. passenger location form and subsequently
Are you confusing the re-entry test with the day 2 test? The rules still state a PCR is required for day 2 (hopefully soon to change...), but if you can buy a cheaper LFT AND get the necessary code for the PLF it's good news all round. I have toyed with trying that but assumed the supplying lab wont give you the PLF code for a lateral flow test.
For sure, you can re-enter the UK with any formal test, LFlow or PCR, even though the section on .gov is a bit vague about that.
Others on Fun have said they buy the cheapest possible day 2 test and don't care if the test is ever recorded as they just need the code for the form. I reckon it's a safe bet as I can't see Track and Trace ever checking if you do the post-arrival tests, let alone what the results are. Equally I would bet my mortgage that the border checkers don't investigate the details of your form, they just want to see you have it and it looks vaguely complete.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
That's interesting, the rules still state a PCR is required (hopefully soon to change...), but if you can buy a cheaper LFT AND get the necessary code for the PLF it's good news all round. I have toyed with trying that but assumed the supplying lab wont give you the PLF code for a lateral flow test.
Others on Fun have said they buy the cheapest possible and don't care if the test is ever recorded as they just need the code for the form. I reckon it's a safe bet as I can't see Track and Trace ever checking if you do the post-arrival tests, let alone what the results are. Equally I would bet my mortgage that the border checkers don't investigate the details of your form, they just want to see you have it and it looks vaguely complete.

This is correct. We live in France and my husband had a LFT yesterday at our local pharmacy. After a 15 minute wait for the results, he was given a certificate with a QR code and the code for the PLF. I don't know what the cost for a visitor to France would be. It was free for my husband, as we're in the French Health Care system. I hope this helps :)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Equally I would bet my mortgage that the border checkers don't investigate the details of your form, they just want to see you have it and it looks vaguely complete.
Indeed so. I don't suppose they care two hoots as you'll soon be gone, on the ferry, train (or a rubber dinghy).

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
We have just arrived at the docks,early as usual. I have the COVID test and think I have downloaded the PLF and my vaccinations certificate ,I have downloaded everything and took a screenshot of each form. Still a little worried about whether that is enough so I wandered into the Brittany ferries office and asked for help . The young lady was very helpful looked at my phone and in a very French way shrugged her shoulders that all was fine . The check I opens at 7 pm so as they time will tell 😊

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
We have just arrived at the docks,early as usual. I have the COVID test and think I have downloaded the PLF and my vaccinations certificate ,I have downloaded everything and took a screenshot of each form. Still a little worried about whether that is enough so I wandered into the Brittany ferries office and asked for help . The young lady was very helpful looked at my phone and in a very French way shrugged her shoulders that all was fine . The check I opens at 7 pm so as they time will tell 😊
Right for everyone that was a little worried about all this don’t , just checked in no problem . A screen shot of the emails is all you need 👍

Reactions: HKF

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back