Will Spain ban us next??? (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
View attachment 550610

You rotten lot for liking and laughing at me! :( You're all on my hit list now! >:)

We really are NOT going now, can't take the risk of getting stuck out there nor the extra hassle of coming back if UK puts the countries on a 'red' list again, not to mention if the country we're in decides to chuck us all out! Coupled with still having my Mum to deal with we just don't need the hassle or anxiety when we're supposed to be on holiday.
If you can get to Spain, the I think you're unlikely to be stuck there, why would they want to keep any of us? I'm more worried that we wouldn't be allowed in.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you can get to Spain, the I think you're unlikely to be stuck there, why would they want to keep any of us? I'm more worried that we wouldn't be allowed in.
Trouble is we can't currently plan for when we can escape and knowing our luck by the time we have a date in mind they'll have pulled the drawbridge up! :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
4th January were supposed to be on the Portsmouth to Santander boat
If weā€™re allowed
Not looking very promising

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We'll be a bit miffed if we can't go as we've saved our 90 day allowance for our winter trip ā˜¹ļø
Our friends are the same, they was coming out just after Christmas, they have just moved it forward šŸ˜‰ just in case they stop them coming. šŸ˜ Bob.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Trouble is we can't currently plan for when we can escape and knowing our luck by the time we have a date in mind they'll have pulled the drawbridge up! :(
I think that even if the Covid situation deteriorates significantly in Spain. The UK is unlikely to put returning UK citizens who have been double/triple jabbed into enforced very expensive third party quarantine locations. I suspect worse case scenario would be completion of PLF and a Covid test 48 hrs before entry into the UK. I think too many people are looking at the down side of this coming winter and assuming its going to be far worse than it will actually turn out to be,

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
i think that too many people are being tested we should test less then our figures will be better than the eu sorted :LOL:
In Scotland theres adverts on the telly asking people to take 2 tests a week even if no symptoms and no other reason rather than just in case

My response to this is
Screenshot_20210629-231041_Facebook.jpg

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It's because we have a Muppet in charge.He will back track in a couple of weeks and reintroduce mask wearing as if it's his idea
Problem is he's really only the frontman ... I don't believe for a second he makes the decisions. I also think the current situation is intentional. Same intent as march 2020.

Jun 4, 2010
Funster No
Yes, probably not! But most of the guys on this site will have seen men walk straight from the urinal to to door - or worse, from the toilet to the door.

Toilet doors are probably the second most bacteria-laden items in the world.

The first being a Youth Hostel dish-cloth. :oops:
I have thought for a long time that toilet doors should be banned

Jun 29, 2012
Penrith
Funster No
MH
DIMS van conversion
Exp
since 2010
I have thought for a long time that toilet doors should be banned
Ha Ha! :giggle:

Many of the motorway services in the UK (and in France too) do not have an entrance door.
I don't know what it's like inside the Ladies - but it's now possible to enter and leave the urinals without touching a door.
Urinals traditionally did not have an entrance door.
Ever read "Clochemerle"?

Jun 29, 2012
Penrith
Funster No
MH
DIMS van conversion
Exp
since 2010
From The Independent

"A British tourist was denied entry to Spain when she could not show a particular passport stamp that is now required post-Brexit.
The woman, known only as Linda, told expat publication The Local that she had been traveling to visit her son, who lives in Spain, from Gibraltar when she was refused entry by border control. The issue was that she had taken a recent trip to Spain this summer - and Spanish officials had not given her an ā€œexit stampā€ when she left the country. ā€œI was denied entry to Spain on 26 September due to my passport not being stamped on exit on a previous one-week visit to Spain, which started on 4 June,ā€ said the 72-year-old. ā€œThe guards initially stamped my passport to enter, then they noticed I had no exit stamp from that one-week visit in June, thereby classing me as an overstayer and subsequently marked the entry stamp with the letter F and two lines.ā€ "

So it's important to check that you get an exit stamp if you want to get in again - ever!

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
I'm keeping an eye on Tam that may be the best option.;)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
They may want to keep us (and I am not being arrogant a pragmatist) because their economy is beginning to suffer and every little bit helps.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back