Will it be harder to find a decent used van.........? (1 Viewer)

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
With all the pension changes afoot, and folk being allowed to draw their pensions as cash sums, I wonder if many will buy their first van? A lot of people aspire to owning one, but for one reason or another have been unable to afford it. These new rules are going to put large amounts of cash into the economy and some are bound to use it for major purchases. Its hard enough as it is to find anything decent and affordable, things can only get harder:( Not all of us are in a position to buy new...........:(

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I hope so, were going to put ours up for sale after the NewYear in the spring. Because by then our new panel van conversion should be well on it's way.
Someone will get a beauty .

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have noticed in the last couple of years a lot of site prices have risen.. We think it is pourely down to the popularity of caravan and motorhome ownership..
I believe it is a LOT easier to buy second hand than new anyway.. Personally I would not want to wait months for a new van, nor have all the hassle of snagging a new van ( as manufacturers seem incapable of doing it them selves )
But to answer the question...
The more vans sell the more become available on the pre-owned market.
There may well be a bit of a bump in the net couple of years but over all, the more out there the better the chances are of picking up something worth while..
There is also the point that a market awash with choices will drive prices down, not up (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OR the side of the argument is that they might use their pension lump sum to step up to a new van putting used ones on the market and driving used values down.

Who knows.

OP
OP
calion

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Thats true, never thought of it that way

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
what probably will happen, is that there will be a increase in the number of almost new [as in 6-12months old ] motorhomes that come onto the market for sale ,as inexperienced first time buyers buy new, only to discover that they did not think through the layout, practicalities of driving, storing a large vehicle and most of all no matter how much you splash out on a motorhome and however luxurious the brochures make them look . you will still be CAMPING !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I've never had a brand new van.. simply because I've never been able to afford it, but when I get my pension lump sum, a portion will go going on a brand spanking new van, and yes, I am aware of the financial loss as soon as you sign the deal.. don't give a toss, am aware you may have snags but am happy to iron them out myself.. and am aware I will wait.. but I want one..

life is too short and there are no pockets in a shroud .. and I aint leavin' it for my kids to pi$$ against the wall. I worked hard and saved all my working life for that day.. bring it on :)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I've never had a brand new van.. simply because I've never been able to afford it, but when I get my pension lump sum, a portion will go going on a brand spanking new van, and yes, I am aware of the financial loss as soon as you sign the deal.. don't give a toss, am aware you may have snags but am happy to iron them out myself.. and am aware I will wait.. but I want one..

life is too short and there are no pockets in a shroud .. and I aint leavin' it for my kids to pi$$ against the wall. I worked hard and saved all my working life for that day.. bring it on :)
We did just the same when Mrs A got her (early) company pension. Not bothered about depreciation really, the van will last us long enough to not worry about it. Plus, these vans seem to holding up well at used prices.
We bought a van from a dealer that had just what we wanted in stock, it was ours within a week, can't see the point of waiting months.......
Allan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back